Talk

Advanced search

My house is normally pretty tidy but our bedroom is hell hole, anyone else?

(21 Posts)
Peckarolloveragain Sun 31-May-09 09:28:49

Is it because I dont value myself grin

Or because I care more about what other people think than my own comfort?

I make huge efforts keeping everything nice and then my bedroom looks like kevin the teenagers!

Every now and then I gut it but it never stays tidy for long.

Is it just me?

kittycats Sun 31-May-09 14:19:05

Nope not just you blush

beanieb Sun 31-May-09 14:22:04

not just you. I have a new plan. Every day I tidy 'my side'.
I am waiting to see how long it is until my OH gets so sick of 'his side' that he feels compelled to tidy it.

missmama Sun 31-May-09 14:24:47

Lol mine is just a dumping ground for when I tidy the rest of the house.

TheProvincialLady Sun 31-May-09 14:26:14

No I am the opposite - the rest of my house can look like a tip but my room is always tidy or I can't sleep.

QOD Sun 31-May-09 14:28:05

snap, vile. Piles of clean towels waitin to be put away, of ironing (not a big pile)
lap top on a stool, travel bag, his clothes that arents dirty OR clean but wear again! It's how he choses to do it :D
my bedside cabinet is heaving with shite, his is just a clock, but my 2 small topped cupboards are littered. I tried to sort 1 out and keep it clear as I got 2 jewl boxes for my bday, its kinda struggling LOL
the tv etc on top of the large chest of drawers are soooooooooooooooo dusty!
sock fluff on the floor

Having said that, I sleep in the spare room which is spotless, dd's room is pretty good, just last night pj's on the floor.

actually its all HIS FAULT!

alicecrail Mon 01-Jun-09 09:09:30

peck there is another mnetter on here with the same problem, i suggested we do a mn bedroom clear out thread if you would be interested smile

Peckarolloveragain Mon 01-Jun-09 15:43:30

ooohh i would be very interested yes!!!

i cant even blame my DH, Im the messy one in the bedroom!

LoveBeingAMummy Wed 03-Jun-09 06:56:58

Me too, every few months one of use will have a mass clear out but within days it back to the state its in now

I am in my bedroom to sleep only therefore I don't care what state it is, whereas the downstairs where I do spend most of my time I like tidyish...

Madmentalbint Wed 03-Jun-09 07:05:04

Same. My bedroom seems to have turned into a floordrobe for the entire household. There are stacks of clean washing everywhere, so there is always somebody rummaging through everything looking for socks/clothes. It's my fault because I sort all the clean washing in there, but when I go to bed and find washing all over the bed, I put it in neat piles around the room - where it stays blush

Every morning when DH has to pick his way around the clothes I feel really guilty <crap wife emoticon> and swear to sort things out. But then something else always crops up.

TitsalinaBumsquash Wed 03-Jun-09 07:05:13

Mine is the same, we have a tiny Bedroom and about 4 wardrobes worth of clothes stuffed into 1 small wardrobe and a delapidated wooden/canvas thing. blush

Our small double takes up 99% of the room and everything else is squeezed round it, we clear it out once a month and within days its the same.

Bobblebuddy Wed 03-Jun-09 08:25:01

Yep - same as others, my bedroom is the dumping ground for when I tidy the rest of the house and can't find homes for everything, piles of clean washing waiting to be put away, piles of DIY equipment waiting to be utilised...

It's like everything thing else when you are a mom - you always look after yourself LAST wink

We should make an effort with our bedrooms though - they should be sanctuaries for us, not the depths of 'to-do' list hell.!

Eve4Walle Wed 03-Jun-09 19:16:22

I thought it was just me!

My bedroom is a tip. Toys that the kids bring into our room to play with, piles and piles of washing waiting to be ironed and stacked in the corner as I've no other place to store them and you don't want to look under the bed because that's the worst!

I give up, because as everyone else says, within days of sorting it out, it's back to being a mess again.

OmicronPersei8 Wed 03-Jun-09 19:22:58

Me too! We live in a flat and don't have much storage, so our bedroom is like sleeping in someone's loft in that it's got every little bit of crap that has no where else to go. I always think it's like the portrait of Dorian Grey - the tidier the rest of my home, the messier my bedroom.

Meglet Wed 03-Jun-09 22:44:11

i'm so pleased it's not just me with a grim bedroom. I did manage to tidy it at the weekend and it should be nice for a week or two.

i tend to dump stuff in there as downstairs is open plan with no cupboards, so if i have guests i need to get all the junk out of sight.

rasputin Wed 03-Jun-09 22:47:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nigglewiggle Wed 03-Jun-09 22:49:29

I was caught out a few weeks ago by a friend who, when I was preoccupied by DD2 downstairs, called to me that she was going to look at my bedroom because she'd never seen it. blush

It was such a mess and I ran upstairs to explain. She was on her way down saying that she hadn't turned the light on, so couldn't really see. hmm

I was not impressed, but it has encouraged me to keep slightly more on top of it!

bosch Wed 03-Jun-09 22:49:38

Pecka - we've lived in this house for nearly 10 years and our bedroom has generally been a dumping ground for stuff.

Last year we finally got round to decorating it and the act of removing everything in the bedroom made us think about what was going back in - and where to put the piles of stuff that would inevitably be created in a normal week. (We slept in the living room, it took us MONTHS to decorate blush)

Around 9 months since we moved back in to bedroom and although piles of stuff do appear, it's easier to tackle them, and it's worth it because the bedroom is fundamentally tidy.

Whereas the kitchen still has that heap of paperwork/magazines/toys etc that I can never completely get on top of...

Acqua Thu 04-Jun-09 00:26:16

Not just you, I try so hard to keep the rest of the house nice that our bedroom looks like a hovel! I'm trying to teach my toddler to keep her room tidy, but she just comes into my room and says "Messy"!!! blush. Oh well we can't do everything. Don't be soo hard on yourself wink.

Twinklemegan Thu 04-Jun-09 00:41:15

Our "bedroom" is a complete nightmare. We're renovating so the upstairs is unusable at the moment. All three of us are sleeping in the one room downstairs, along with several bookcases and a piano! We have nowhere to hang clothes other than a makeshift clothes rail upstairs, and it's been like this for months. AAARGH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now