Talk

Advanced search

Tuesday Flylady - put out your hotspots

(52 Posts)
Wolfcub Tue 03-Mar-09 07:49:23

mission

pick a babystep

EustaciaVye Tue 03-Mar-09 07:54:05

Morning all. House not too bad. Busy day ahead.

(.)(.) Hope Mad is ok.

BBL

Wolfcub Tue 03-Mar-09 07:54:49

morning all

done

kitchen and living room quick tidy
kitchen bin emptied
kitchen bin bleached
glass recycling put out
dry washing folded
wm emptied and washing hung up
wm reloaded and on
ds fed

EHM Tue 03-Mar-09 08:09:46

Morning ALL*

*wolf
thanks for thread & links.How are you & Ds today?
EV Have a good day.

I am taking Ellie to Dr's today.another terrible night. Off to get dressed.

qumps Tue 03-Mar-09 08:12:57

i have never seent his before but i love it!
shows how much of a monica i am - i cleaned out the coat cupboard yesterday!

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Tue 03-Mar-09 08:20:04

morning all

kitchen done
beds done
washing machine done
bathrooms done
DS1 dressed

lots to do BBL

Thanks for thread Wolf
Hi to all

Countingthegreyhairs Tue 03-Mar-09 08:33:58

Hello to everyone!

Thanks for thread Wolf!

Sorry to have been absent for such a long time. Just reporting in after a long absence.

It's been mad here but have managed to maintain baby steps. Haven't managed many missions though and hope to improve on this during March...

.. am also declaring war on cobwebs this week (a major task as have v. high ceilings ...)

Spring is in the air .. I naturally WANT to declutter and sort out murky corners now .. whereas before it was such a struggle ...phew .. thank heavens winter is nearly over ...

Wolfcub Tue 03-Mar-09 09:16:14

welcome gumps*

*counting
its good to see you

ehm I home Ellie is ok, let us know how it goes at the docs

morning to greyskull and ev

Ds and I still feeling icky, I am starving but really don't want to eat.

Just got back from the quack, anti inflamatories for a few weeks and need to do some exercises to strenghten the muscles in my thigh and round my knee - anyone got any ideas other than squats and lunges?

mad I hope you're doing ok this morning

swanriver Tue 03-Mar-09 09:20:44

Thanks for thread Wolf, hello Gumps and Counting. Hello EHM (hope dctr can advise) and Greyskull.
and TMH if you are reading this thread - we are missing you. Hope you are not thinking about cleaning, organising at all.

Today I have five and half hours of free time.

Boring tasks
ironing
laundry
breakfast clearing

Frightening tasks
paperwork

Exciting tasks
cutting back epimedium under magnolia
food shopping
start a new book
spare room

Now exciting task first
Food shopping. bbl

swanriver Tue 03-Mar-09 09:21:31

Thanks for thread Wolf, hello Gumps and Counting. Hello EHM (hope dctr can advise) and Greyskull.
and TMH if you are reading this thread - we are missing you. Hope you are not thinking about cleaning, organising at all.

Today I have five and half hours of free time.

Boring tasks
ironing
laundry
breakfast clearing

Frightening tasks
paperwork

Exciting tasks
cutting back epimedium under magnolia
food shopping
start a new book
spare room

Now exciting task first
Food shopping. bbl

swanriver Tue 03-Mar-09 09:27:22

sorry not sure if I'd lost the message. So bad at IT.
Wolf - swimming? without ds if poss.
My lower back is playing up again. Trying to keep as mobile as possible, and hold in stomach muscles errgh.

Right off to shops with my trolley.

dylsmum1998 Tue 03-Mar-09 09:34:35

morning all dd is seeming much better today smile some spots have gone others have shrunk and most are now scabbed. i didn't give any piriton etc last night and didnt hear her scratching so taking that as a very good sign.

ehm poor ellie hope its nothing much and she's soon better

morning EV wolf swan counting greyskull and welcome gumps

this morning i have
beds made
ds lunch
ds school
dd and ds breakfast
tidy
sort dry washing
load washer

it doesnt actually look that bad in here- i should have time off more often grin

need to;
wash up
iron
unload washer
hoover
s&S bathroom
mission
library books back
2 carriers of outgrown clothes to charity shop

best crack on.....

Countingthegreyhairs Tue 03-Mar-09 10:11:11

awww ..."hello" back to everyone ...

this is the friendliest thread ever.. have missed it ... sniff!

Hope everyone who is feeling poorly feels much better soon ..

right ... must get away from this screen and clean out the gps ...

galen Tue 03-Mar-09 10:16:56

Morning all !
wolf thanks for thread, hope you and ds are feeling better soon.
gumps welcome
counting good to see you
EV good luck with busy day
EHM good luck at Dr's hope dd soon feeling better
*dyls8 glad DD is feeling better
swan wow 5 1/2 hours of free time..... cant even imagine that LOL. Hope you get on well
mad still thinking of you.

Also meant to say would also love to contribute to some bits for mad plaese let me know....

Sorry for my absence yesterday - our pitiful dial up internet connection was playing up grrrr.

Anyway I did manage to actually start tackling the garden YAY! Have done bottom border of front garden, and general tidy in back. Still a lot of wilderness to tame but at least I've started! Really would love to get some veg going this year - need to go browse gardening thread I think!

Have also just found out that DS1 got into our first choice secondary school.grin SOOO stressed waiting to find out. Other 2 choices were fairly bad, and first choice wasnt technically our catchment school so we are very lucky. hardlyslept all night worrying ....Very relieved mummy here now!

Need to catch up on some flying today - gardening is great but it did mean neglecting the FLYing a bit again.... oh why cant there be just another 4 hours in the day....sigh....

Right need to get on
To do:
Sort dinner
tackle washing backlog
Hoover lounge
Baking..

BBL!

swanriver Tue 03-Mar-09 10:53:58

Galen - would much rather be here with a baby distracting me.
done my first exciting task (if fdshp can be called that)

Now boring task.

swanriver Tue 03-Mar-09 11:07:50

Glad you got the school you wanted for ds1. Parents in our school are always being challenged by this matter. But we've found that both our first choices automatically reject children who weren't baptised within 6 months. All our dcs were baptised at 10 months, so hmm we will just enjoy the other opportunities on offer. Also schools are always evolving and changing so I am ever hopeful of things turning out for the best..Another year and a bit to go before I have to make a decision for ds1.

qumps Tue 03-Mar-09 11:51:53

sorry to barge in on your thread again. can you please let me know what it is all about? how did you all decide to 'meet'? do you do this every day?

swanriver Tue 03-Mar-09 12:08:25

This is a Flylady thread, where everyone is welcome. If you go to the New Year flylady threads (backwards in good housekeeping topic) you will find lots of people joining...sometimes not returning...
At the beginning of each thread, a kind poster will put a link which consists of Babysteps from the Flylady website (one a day from the beginning - so for example today would be day 1) followed by a mission for more experienced confident fliers. (do I sound very pompous? blush sorry) The key is to establish the routines before moving onto more ambitious housecleaning projects....And the most important thing is to remove clutter, (which is often included in missions) and set the timer so that you don't lose heart.
Actually this is a chat thread, loosely based on housework.smile

swanriver Tue 03-Mar-09 12:12:27

People just pop in, some stay forever, and never actually leave the thread to do their housework. I think efficient people generally post twice a day to say what their goals are, and to encourage others in their endeavours.

dylsmum1998 Tue 03-Mar-09 12:16:35

afternoon (just!!)

have now got a done list- rather than a to do one grin
this morning i have
beds made
ds lunch
ds school
dd and ds breakfast
tidy
sort dry washing
load washer
wash up
iron
unload washer
hoover
s&S bathroom
mission
library books back
2 carriers of outgrown clothes to charity shop
ds's outgrown shoes in the charity bin

galen thats good about the secondary school i need to start thinking about my ds secondary have to apply the end of this year and dd's primary needs to be aplied for at same time hmm
swan shock that they have to have ben baptised that quickly just to get into a school
dd is now playing with her kitchen set so am considering whether to flick through the asda mag that came with my shopping, or to get on with some of my assignments- ah who am i kidding magazine wins grin

RubyRioja Tue 03-Mar-09 12:45:20

Hi all

(.)(.) for Mad

It must seem like we are posting on code Qumps - welcome grin.

I prefer to think of thread as mentoring and support for our lifestyle management choices grin - now that is pompous. I think lots of us have discovered the somewhat culty flylady and have adopted bits that make our lives and homes run more smoothly. For me it has made me realise that I just need to muck in, do a little burst at a time, and that everything starts with babysteps.

The old flyfriends are good company and good support. Our glorious leader The Madhouse is recovering after an operation, so we are all waiting to hear from her too.

Wolfcub Tue 03-Mar-09 12:48:43

afternoon all

ds is asleep on the sofa, seems a bit more interested in food today and it seems to be staying in him which is a start

galen when we know that she's home I will arrange a betty's by post parcel

gumps swan is right this is a chat thread and we occasionally do housework, we all motivate and support each other and you'll probably find that a lot of posts have nowt to do with housework. Some on this thread have been here years, others not so long, some are here all the time and others dip in and out when they feel the need. We are a pretty easy going non-judgey bunch. The Flylady website (links at the top) kind of details the background but many of us (me included) only follow it very loosely and again use it more for motivation than anything else. Flylady herself can be a bit prescriptive but they key useful points are not trying to be perfect and breaking things down into small tasks/chunks.

scattyspice Tue 03-Mar-09 12:49:03

Hi all smile.

wolf Sympathies for your sore knee. Hopefully the anti imflams will help. If its painful to put weight on do sitting down exs (straighten your knee as if kicking a ball, hold for 10 seconds x10) or straight leg raises lying down (keep leg straight and lift, hold for 10 secs and lower x10). If its ok to weightbear on do squats, luges, step ups, 1 leg squats etc. Don't over do it! Cut down on number of reps if the knee is painful for 1hr after or if it swells. Best to do fewer reps 3xday than lots at once. Niggily injuries can take ages to clear up sad.

EHM sad for ellie. Hope GP can help.

qumps welcome. Swan summed it up well. Have a look at the flylady website, go to getting started and follow one baby step a day to build your routines. The idea is that if you have automatic morning, aft and eve routines your house virtually cleans itself hmm.

greyskull have a good day

* counting* Nice to 'see' you. I often skip the missions blush.

swan - Take it easy if your backs sore.

dyl glad DD on the mend.

galen good news re DS school. That should make it more likely for the others to get places there too (when their time comes).

Didn't get much done yesterday.

To do:
finish house bleugh
laundry
ds homework
ds gym club

Having some success with routine cards. Ds loves them, loves knowing what to do without being told and loves putting the card in the envelope when he finishes each task. DD doesn't quite get it, she just mimes each task LOL hmm.

qumps Tue 03-Mar-09 12:51:42

wow what a lovely idea. so nice to have other people that appreciate the mundane tasks that have to be done at home as dh never does!
well here goes...
done so far
made beds
put on washing and hung out
sterilizing (i loathe this)
emptied dishwasher
put boxes of baby clothes away

mission
food shop
brush cats
rush kitchen floor
change spare room bedding

is this right?! can i add menstrual for first time since ds2 and given up chocolate and biscuits for lent. not good.

angry to baptised before 6 months

Wolfcub Tue 03-Mar-09 12:51:56

ruby cross posts, hello, I love your rl name by the way, you could be a character in the west wing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now