Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used Merry Maids to clean their house

(6 Posts)
bgt Mon 23-Feb-09 20:41:19

Anyone used the above, am trying to find a cleaner and cant find a private one anywhere

Mummyfor3 Mon 23-Feb-09 20:48:17

We have been using Merry Maids for 2 years or so: v expensive, quite good, v reliable, not terribly flexible in that they want to know which rooms to clean and in those rooms they are very thorough, when I would prefer them to simply do all floors and clean bathrooms (I am not at all bothered whether my skirting boards get dusted or not, me slattern, I know blush).
I do not like the boss of our local ones, but like a couple of the cleaners v much. I got to know them when I was off on maternity leave. So I am now trying to persuade them to set up on their own and work for me grin. In all seriousness, I would much rather pay them a decent living wage, than lots of money to frigging agency.
But, like you , I was unable to find private cleaner I could trust with keys/alarm/house in our absence.
HTH.

ladyhelen2 Mon 23-Feb-09 20:51:44

I used them to do a clean of a rented house we have after tennants moved out. Unfurnished house. Easy clean (but I couldn't be bothered!). 2 of them reckoned they cleaned for 5 hours. I don't think so. The place had hardly been touched. I refused to pay. Wouldn't recommend them, I'm afraid.

Colonelcupcake Wed 25-Feb-09 10:17:20

Hmmm, not great ruined my shower chrome and mat took me 3 hours to get rid of the tarnish may be good in your area though as it is a franchise company

unfitmother Wed 25-Feb-09 10:19:39

I've used them, they were ok but I got rid as soon as I found a reliable private cleaner.
Very expensive though.

frank9254 Wed 04-Mar-09 08:50:10

I won a spring clean off them and they came in on Monday. I had the baby monitor on in the office and heard them drop and break something. I went in to the house and asked if everything was OK and they didn't confess to anything. Once they'd left I realised they'd smashed my little girls china money box that she was given when she was born! I was fuming. It's not so much the breakage because I understand that accidents happen, but the shere dishonesty of not owning up!!!! No wonder this country is going to the dogs!

The cleaning was OK, they didn't do things they said they would but it was free so I can't really complain. Personally I wouldn't use a franchise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now