Talk

Advanced search

Landlady's inspection tomorrow - lots of motivation and tips needed!

(5 Posts)
totalmisfit Sat 14-Feb-09 08:58:21

So i'm sitting here in my dressing gown at 8.53. DH has taken dd off to do some shopping so that i can make a start on the huge clear up/ clean up operation that needs to take place before 9.30 tomorrow when She Who Must Be Obeyed turns up.

And i know i need to make a start...it's mainly mess/ clutter with a good helping of dirt and chaos thrown in. House is fairly big with two big-ish bathrooms and an outbuilding along with alll the usual stuff. It's just so daunting, i'm almost afraid to get started. Not that i don't spend most of my life cleaning, but i know it's such a big/thorough job that's needed it's gonna take up most of the day and put me in an awful mood...

any hints or tips greatly appreciated.

MrsSeanBean Sat 14-Feb-09 09:11:27

Bundle up as much as you can and put in a cupboard. Do you have any boxes, or carrier bags (the large 'bag for life' kind)? They are good for temporary storage of various items.

Then I would say clean bathroom, kitchen surfaces. Then dust any obviously dusty areas. Then vacuuum last of all. I wouldnb;t worry too much about the outbuilding, they are meant for clutter, no? The most important thing is just to dibe in and get started, I sympathise as I hate doing it, but once you get started it won't feel so mammoth a task. Probably a couple of hours max, honestly.

Don't get too stressed, I imagine landlady will expect property to be lived in. She will be relieved it's not totally trashed and you haven't painted half a wall bright mauve and then just stopped (my parents' experience six months ago!)

Don't forget to put your feet up with a cuppa and admire all your hard work while DD still out. Good luck ;)

MrsSeanBean Sat 14-Feb-09 09:12:25

sorry, awful spelling, vacuum, dive...

lucysmam Sat 14-Feb-09 09:48:29

I start in the bathroom & work my way through each room individually when a huge clean is needed, putting clutter in bags as I go to sort later. Have a break every half hour as well, that way you can admire your handiwork in peace

Geepers Sat 14-Feb-09 09:55:01

how bad can it be? hmm

clean kitchen and bathroom, throw out rubbish, hoover floors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now