Talk

Advanced search

Interior Design - Good websites?

(24 Posts)
hotpotmama Sat 24-Jan-09 19:57:33

Where can I get lots of ideas for colour schemes etc for a lounge I am doing from scratch?

Nothing poncy just modern and bright.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 24-Jan-09 20:23:35

No idea but bumping in case anyone with ideas comes along.

I've tried googling interiors and have never really come up with anything satisfactory.

what colour do you fancy?

mrsmaidamess Sat 24-Jan-09 20:27:07

Ikea website?

I love Pure Style, Jane Cumberbatch's website, but it might be a little spartan for some, and its about lifestyle rather than interiors so much

hither

EachPeachPearMum Sat 24-Jan-09 20:30:09

living etc
my deco

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 24-Jan-09 20:30:38

Nice website, but I think what I'm after is pictures of fabulous rooms.

EachPeachPearMum Sat 24-Jan-09 20:32:12

appartment therapy is pretty good too- and has a site for nursery, for kitchen all linked from main site.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 24-Jan-09 20:33:01

Ooh, I like the look at that my deco one. Will have a longer browse later. smile

brimfull Sat 24-Jan-09 20:33:34

madamness-what is the point of that website???

brimfull Sat 24-Jan-09 20:33:34

madamness-what is the point of that website???

Shitemum Sat 24-Jan-09 20:34:23

You'd maybe be better off with actual books, try your library? Mary Gilliat is good.

EachPeachPearMum Sat 24-Jan-09 20:35:00

Oh- and the all time favourite- flickr - just do a search for 'living room' or something- then look at all the millions of pics! And people place them in 'pools' so you can see other peoples' home decor really easily- I can spend hours on flickr- it really is scarily good!

EachPeachPearMum Sat 24-Jan-09 20:36:36

PLus, of course, these are all real homes, so you can see what is achieveable, rather than pure 'lifestyle' IYSWIM.
I like Elle Decoration and Living etc for magazines with ideas, sometimes country living- depends what you want really.
You might find some nice room sets on Martha Stewart Living too....

mrsmaidamess Sat 24-Jan-09 20:37:03

ggirl..its aspirational jane tells us how to make aprons and cushion covers (I can't sew), how to make chutney (I can't cook), and how to be generally pure in every way grin

hotpotmama Sat 24-Jan-09 20:39:41

Just come back to this - had no responses now loads! Thanks everyone.

Colourwise was thinking of creams with red to brighten it up. Not sure about the sofa as got leather ones in other room and want something different but as its going to be mainly used by the kids then maybe leather is the safer option.

Just had a thought, maybe I should look on rightmove and put in a high price as all the expensive houses will probably be very stylish, what do you think?

EachPeachPearMum Mon 26-Jan-09 22:40:18

Just saw this article too....

EachPeachPearMum Mon 26-Jan-09 22:44:39

And this page has to be of use, no?

hotpotmama Tue 27-Jan-09 13:46:28

Great stuff, thanks each!!

glitteranddust Fri 07-Aug-15 00:52:12

anymore suggestions anyone?

chumbler Fri 07-Aug-15 02:51:34

Pinterest!

Gusthetheatrecat Sun 09-Aug-15 08:46:15

Houzz is great (I did some very obsessive searching for pictures of kitchens with particular types of worktops on there). Pinterest is unsurpassable in my opinion, but I am a Pinteresf addict so not unbiased!

NarcyCow Thu 03-Sep-15 12:06:12

I find Houzz out of my league and Pinterest a little too american sometimes. The Ideal Home website is good.

JaniceJoplin Thu 03-Sep-15 12:13:42

The best advice I ever had about selecting a colour scheme is to pick a painting you really like (that would be on the wall but doesn't have to be), then select 4/5 colours from it to use around the room. Most half decent paintings have complementary colours and the painting in the room will bring it all together.

kah22 Thu 03-Sep-15 15:16:08

try Houzz

ThePigeonBroadband Fri 04-Sep-15 13:46:08

I enjoy looking at interior design websites a bit too much especially when I will never have the money to make my house look that good
www.kaem.org is one of my favourites!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now