Talk

Advanced search

Ok So just HOW do I get motivated?

(14 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Sat 24-Jan-09 09:48:02

DP has just gone back to work and where we used to do housework together I am left to do it now alongside an extremely clingy 16m old...

How do i get motivated to get one room spotless at a time as i seem to clean one room turn round and ds2 has wrecked it again

Geepers Sat 24-Jan-09 09:51:20

How can a baby wreck a room? Surely the worst they can do it empty some toys on teh floor, and that to me isn't mess anyway.

MissisBoot Sat 24-Jan-09 09:51:58

You will never get one room spotless - you have to come to terms with that for atleast the next 18 years

Can you still not do housework together? Just because your dh is back at work it doesn't mean he can't continue to share the chores - it might just mean a change in who does what when? I saw being a SAHM as a mother primarily and then anything done on top of that as a bonus - luckily dh agreed!

100yearsofsolitude Sat 24-Jan-09 09:52:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheLadyEvenstar Sat 24-Jan-09 09:54:32

Geepers, trust me he can lol. This morning he has tipped crisps on the floor, opened all the cupboards and emptied them....he can undo the child locks to the point we tie the fridge closed with a belt as he empties that too. if he has a drink he will walk around smiling at you as he tips it on the floor,

I know these are not bad things, but in the bedrooms he empties the clothes from drawers...and then lays on the softest ones.

TheLadyEvenstar Sat 24-Jan-09 09:56:50

Missis,DP does more than his fair share, but i kinda feel as I am at home with ds2 all day that I should get everything done before dp gets home.

100, i have been doing that this week and much to ds1's offence have given him the job of loading the dishwasher before school everyday

Geepers Sat 24-Jan-09 09:56:55

Have you considered not allowing him into teh kitchen at all, and only giving food and drink in the high chair? Of course children will spill cups, and drop food if they are allowed to.

FAQtothefuture Sat 24-Jan-09 09:57:03

how can a baby wreck a room??

ermm very easily, it's not just toys, books, CD's, papers (pulled down and torn up),

oh and in the time it takes you to read the OP and write 2 lines take their wet/pooey nappy off, (and PJ's trousers) climb onto the (upholstered) dining room chair wee on it and then sit down...................

TheLadyEvenstar Sat 24-Jan-09 10:01:41

Faq ROFL I am lucky there he has not managed to get his nappies off yet....s'pose washables have another good side!!!

Geepers Sat 24-Jan-09 10:02:23

I've got four children and I don't really see what is so difficult about stopping them 'wrecking' a room. We don't leave books, papers or CDs in places they can reach.

FAQtothefuture Sat 24-Jan-09 10:03:03

well admittedly DS3 is 20 months (today!) so a little bit older, but the other destruction I mentioned was all done frequently at 16 months too grin

FAQtothefuture Sat 24-Jan-09 10:04:12

you got shelves hanging from the ceilings then Geeper?? grin

<<<<<even top shelf of bookcase isn't safe anymore, short of having a totally bare room I've just learned to put up with having to put it all back "together" again at the end of each day grin>>>>>>>>.

FAQtothefuture Sat 24-Jan-09 10:05:36

only place in this room (large through lounge/diner) that is "safe" from DS3's hands is the top of the bookshelf, everything else he can get to in the time it takes me to go to the toiet.........and if I take him with me he just investigates the kitchen (downstairs bathroom) which is infinitely more dangerous).

mysterymoniker Sat 24-Jan-09 10:08:00

any spare motivation going?

I keep thinking 'after this coffee, just 10 more minutes on MN' . . .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now