Talk

Advanced search

1/2 bottle of lambrinii smashed onto the quarry stone tiles in the kitchen.........which do I clear first - the glass or the liquid???

(8 Posts)
goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Tue 30-Dec-08 18:00:31

It's been there 2hrs now blush - as it happened literally as we were about to go out to Argos to spend the DS's Christmas money and I couldn't face it when I left.

I've no idea how much it's dried up yet as I haven't looked blush

What's the best way to tackle it???

donnie Tue 30-Dec-08 18:02:22

kitchen roll over the wet bits but don't rub it as it will have glass fragments in it. Then broom to collect glass bits ( the big uns) and deposit on newspaper. Then use the kit roll to gather up fragments.

MegSophandEmma Tue 30-Dec-08 18:03:36

I would say glass first (as much as you can) and then get a towel or even better some kitchen paper and gently mop up the liquid. And for any remaining shards hoover them up as along as they are tiny of course.

goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Tue 30-Dec-08 18:03:46

thanks - good job I recently ordered a new pack of kitchen roll - not realising I still had an unopened pack in the cupboard grin

KnickKnackNaNollaig Tue 30-Dec-08 18:05:13

when you've done all that, use baby wipes to clean the area again. It picks up all the microscopic bits of glass. Again, dont rub hard, as there may be larger slivers that could cut.
dont let anyone into kitchen in bare feet!!

goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Tue 30-Dec-08 18:06:06

will my dyson not pick up all the microscopic bits once I've dried the wet bits up???

magnolia74 Tue 30-Dec-08 18:09:45

My dyson picks up tiny bits no problem, I just make sure I go over it a few times

goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Tue 30-Dec-08 18:13:12

thanks - just been and started it - it had mostly dried up - very sticky - but think I've got most of the glass up now.

Typical I'd only posted earlier on MN to say the kitchen floor being mopped could wait for another day...........now I'm going to have to do it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now