Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom flooring - vinyl versus tiles

(8 Posts)
Tinkjon Sun 28-Dec-08 23:23:53

Talk to me about Amtico (or generic) versus ceramic tiles for a bathroom floor....

purepurple Mon 29-Dec-08 09:15:43

I've got Karndean on my bathroom floor and I love it. It is vinyl that looks like tiles but it is warm and so easy to look after. I have got ceramic tiles in my kitchen and every time something gets dropped it breaks and the tile gets chipped!

MrsMattie Mon 29-Dec-08 09:17:09

Amtico is expensive. if you did choose it it has to be fitted by expert fitters, especially in areas where it's going to get wet.

We've got tiles, but also underfloor heating - very cold without.

MrsMattie Mon 29-Dec-08 09:18:02

Also, if you choose tiles, don't even think about a pale coloured grouting unless you want to be on your hands and knees scrubbing three times a day!

moshie Mon 29-Dec-08 09:50:05

Ceramic tiles would be very slippery in a bathroom, my mum has them in her conservatory and they're lethal if you come in with wet feet. Cold too.
Amtico is lovely, but expensive. Karndean is a slightly cheaper option of 'designer flooring'. Good quality and lots of styles to choose from.
I second the advice to have it fitted by an expert - lots of fiddly cuts in a bathroom.

Tinkjon Tue 30-Dec-08 09:06:23

Thanks everybody. I did want vinyl flooring because of the cold/slipperiness but a few people have put me off and said I should get tiles instead - so I'm glad to hear positive things about vinyl

purepurple Wed 31-Dec-08 09:41:23

go for the karndean but get it fitted by someone who knows waht they are doing!

danielc Mon 05-Jan-09 20:49:42

Get Amtico it lasts longer 20 years. They have a much larger selection and variation of tiles. Try this website www.styleflooring.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now