Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have Amtico flooring?

(9 Posts)
HeadFairy Fri 31-Oct-08 10:46:56

Does it stain easily? I want to have a fairly light coloured amtico stone effect tile in my kitchen, but I just wanted to check to see how well they resist stains. I've got limestone in there at the moment and despite being sealed a billion times it's still stained badly and now I'm having to replace the whole lot.

moshie Fri 31-Oct-08 11:08:32

No, it's got a protective layer over it, I've had it down about 12 years,oak effect planks, and no stains. Everything wipes off, I'm a childminder so it gets all sorts on it - no problem.

HeadFairy Fri 31-Oct-08 11:37:31

Oh that's brilliant. Just what I wanted to hear. I'm so sick of my horrible stained floor, it's chipped and cracked as well so it's got to go, but it's good to know the Amtico is hardwearing and stain resistant. Thanks!

captainmummy Fri 31-Oct-08 11:43:10

I've got a pale (limestone-effect with silver-stripping in between) KArndean flooring in my kitchen and it is f**ing brilliant. It's warm underfoot, is light and looks great, and best of all looks the same clean or dirty! I wash it about once a month and the water is black but the floor looks the same, even with 3 boys and a dog.

sagacious Fri 31-Oct-08 11:53:29

Hopefully by 5pm today I will have amtico in my bathroom and ensuite (limestone colour with concrete stripping)

looks at clock and wonders where the fitter has got to...

Tis fab stuff though

priceyp Fri 31-Oct-08 11:55:43

It's totally brilliant stuff, speaking as someone who went through 2 different laminate floors before admitting it is worth spending the money.

HeadFairy Fri 31-Oct-08 17:41:43

Oh wow, this is looking better and better. I don't know why I didn't use the stuff in the first place... crappy Topps Tiles limestone looks crap after only a year.

sagacious Sat 01-Nov-08 07:32:54

He turned up
Its fab

[strokes floor]

HeadFairy Sat 01-Nov-08 21:34:34

I'm envy sagacious

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: