Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

has any1 got thos remote control sockets which turn off hard to reach sockets?

(11 Posts)
babyjjbaby Thu 30-Oct-08 17:04:26

if u have are they worth gettign or not and do they use the same amount of electric as leaving all the things on standby they are £30 and don't want to waste it if they are no good thanks

BennyAndJoon Thu 30-Oct-08 17:07:21

Yes I have one. It is really good - But - I think it may have killed the power supply in our flat screen telly so I haven't been using it recently.

babyjjbaby Thu 30-Oct-08 17:09:57

oh righ twhat do u mean killed the power

BennyAndJoon Thu 30-Oct-08 17:13:02

The internal gubbins in the telly that distribute the power to the various bits blew so the telly wouldn't turn on any more. Had to order a replacement for £40 (luckily DH could fit it)

babyjjbaby Thu 30-Oct-08 17:25:31

do u think the sockets caused it or just coincedence

BennyAndJoon Thu 30-Oct-08 17:30:00

I don't know jj. I just don't want to risk it again.

I am putting the rest of the stuff that only goes to standby on it, and going to turn the telly off at the plug from now on (need to move plug for telly so that we can get at it)

babyjjbaby Thu 30-Oct-08 17:42:48

ok thanks anyone else got one

blossomsmine Thu 30-Oct-08 23:02:07

I bought mine from Homebase. Initially i bought it to switch the christmas tree lights on and off as the switch is behind a cabinet and for the outside lights but found it so usefull i use it for quite a few things! Mine was about £20.

MrsFogi Thu 30-Oct-08 23:19:20

Yes it's great. They're currently in lidl for under a tenner for a pack of 4 (incl one dimmer one) and singles for a few pounds.

MrsFogi Thu 30-Oct-08 23:19:20

Yes it's great. They're currently in lidl for under a tenner for a pack of 4 (incl one dimmer one) and singles for a few pounds.

babyjjbaby Thu 30-Oct-08 23:23:53

oh thanks will have a look on lidl site noe then walk there 2morro do they use much electric to run

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now