Talk

Advanced search

have moved in to teeny tiny weeny tiny 2 bed house from BIG 3 bed house, help me organise!

(10 Posts)
Pawslikepaddington Tue 28-Oct-08 11:45:37

I cannot find homes for:

The hoover
The carpet cleaner
ANY of dd's toys that like to stick in my feet
Anything in general really, and because it is half term it is driving me nuts, as dd is bouncing off the walls as it is SO SMALL!
What can I do to give myself the motivation for the last big tidy up? And any good storage links?

Thank you xxxx

Bienchen Tue 28-Oct-08 12:28:09

Ikea is fab and good if you are on a budget

blossomsmine Wed 29-Oct-08 19:45:09

We down sized years ago.....it actually gets worse as the kids get bigger....sad
I suppose it is a case of being organised, which i try to be but sadly have not mastered!!
I don't have anywhere for the hoover or my hard floor micro duster, i usually hide the hoover in my room, not ideal, anything else like brooms etc., have to go in the shed.

Storage is the thing in a tiny house, and i suppose to declutter as much as possible to keep it looking spacious. Sorry not much help but i can sympathise with you!

Pawslikepaddington Thu 30-Oct-08 12:18:08

Ooh you lovely. Am de-cluttering slowly, but there is a load of furniture that belongs to the landlord, who cannot possibly move any of it, but it means we can't have our dining table up as there is a bent broken desk in the lounge instead etc, but that is the only major raa! Brooms I have hidden behind the fridge, hoover living in my room, carpet cleaner will live in the attic when I have done them blush. Have a friend who is going to have dd for two hours so I can blast it tonight-she has taken to opening every storage box and tipping it upside down like a 2 year old-she is nearly 5! But she knows I will look at the mess and take her out somewhere as I can't handle it, so that it why! Will be so glad when it is home, and thanks blossom, I am so glad other people are crazy enough to downsize too xxx

moshie Thu 30-Oct-08 12:30:55

Storage boxes under the bed, a chair put diagonally in a corner creates a good storage space behind, hooks on the backs of doors. A home for everything and everything in its place to try to keep clutter to a minimum is my theory, if only I could keep it up.

Pawslikepaddington Thu 30-Oct-08 13:22:57

He he, we both have filled divan beds which is annoying, but huge built in wardrobes, which is GREAT! Also have a huge 12 box storage chest and a trolley on wheels for sylvanians and playmobil, so the houses can be tiered one on top of the other and stay laid out. Got my thermal curtain lining today too, yes!!! It may be small but BOY is this house cold! grin

moshie Thu 30-Oct-08 13:39:13

We used to have a divan, changed to a wooden bedstead and we have loads of storage space that was just wasted before.

Pawslikepaddington Thu 30-Oct-08 17:15:16

Aah, they are the landlords, again angry. It's like they don't want us to make the house tidy, by filling it with loads of things that make it impossible to space save-I hate divans with the biggest passion of passions! Bought some LOVELY paper organising trays and boxes tho grin

blossomsmine Thu 30-Oct-08 22:59:36

We rented a furnished house a few years back and i decided to put all their horrible old furniture in the garage!!! Luckily it was a big garage......so i then had all my stuff in the house, not sure they were that pleased when they came round once but they didn't say anything!!!

Pawslikepaddington Fri 31-Oct-08 02:55:07

That's the good thing about this loft-I've never had a loft before and always ended up in part-furnished (i.e. I can't be bothered taking this broken piece of horror to the tip, lets stick it in the rental place) places and this is the first one I have been able to store their stuff in and am SO happy! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now