Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've just bought a George Foreman grill half price at Tesco's - tell me it's going to change our lives..!

(22 Posts)
Dttoydto Sun 26-Oct-08 14:11:24

How sad am I - bought it for dp's and my anniversary next week - 16 years and we treat ourselves to a grill hmm blush

So, stories please of how wondrous it is.

SqueakyPop Sun 26-Oct-08 14:26:37

I don't think there is anything you could buy in Tesco that will change your life.

Enjoy your grill up until a point where it is put in a cupboard or loft forever and ever. grin

captainofthemummies Sun 26-Oct-08 14:27:29

You will use it once. Enthuse about how it wll change your life, just before it sits on your counter for 5 years.

Then you carboot it.

schneebly Sun 26-Oct-08 14:29:37

they are good I think and we use ours quite a lot - mainly for meat and also good for toasties!

schneebly Sun 26-Oct-08 14:30:05

but dont listen to me I have just bought one of these

pointygravedogger Sun 26-Oct-08 14:33:27

It's as wondrous as a grill

RambleOn Sun 26-Oct-08 14:35:09

Have fun cleaning it grin

Then give up and put it to the back of a cupboard.

schneebly Sun 26-Oct-08 14:38:22

easier to clean than the grill pan IMO!

Penthesileia Sun 26-Oct-08 14:55:09

One of my best friends at uni got one of these, and it pretty much rescued him from malnutrition (ie. he'd been surviving on a diet of sardines and whisky beforehand). Toasted sarnies were the order of the day after that, but if he couldn't George Foreman it, he didn't eat it... grin

So yes, potentially life-changing! wink

LackaDAISYcal Sun 26-Oct-08 15:00:27

you will be amazed at how quickly it gathers dust on the shelf.

seriously though, it's good for steaks and chops, toasted sarnies and chargrilled veg. Tuna steaks work a treat on it as well

Not so great with chicken fillets as they go really chewey on the outside.

but like all kitchen gadgets, you'll use it for a while, then one day you'll pan fry a steak, remember how good it tastes cooked that way and forget about the grill for ever!

jojosmaman Sun 26-Oct-08 15:01:39

Lol Schneebly, that toast and egg thing is genius!!

anorak Sun 26-Oct-08 15:35:33

My cousin made me laugh when I was visiting him in the summer. He made himself a snack. Two bread rolls each filled with a hamburger, bacon, cheese and a fried egg. I looked at it and said, 'Dave, that's a heart attack on a plate'. He looked hurt. 'It's healthy' he asserted. 'I cooked it on my George Foreman grill.' grin

Milliways Sun 26-Oct-08 16:04:21

My MIL had one of these grills, which was then put away and she has just given it to us to store in our loft in case DD wants to take it to Uni with her newt year!

peachyghoul Sun 26-Oct-08 16:15:52

We use ours at least once a week either for sausages, fishfingers, burgers, chops or chicken. we use it for panninis too.

It's great for cooking up just two fishfingers for DDs tea very quickly

We have one of the ones you can take the plates off and put in the dishwasher. Its much easier to clean than the old fixed plate one.

I love it.

Dttoydto Mon 27-Oct-08 08:25:09

Hi

Dot's dp here. I want to make a ratatouille tonight and was wondering whether to pregrill all the veg first and christen our new grill at the same time. Does anyone have any tips? Presumably I pre-grease the veg slices?

CharleeInChains Mon 27-Oct-08 08:28:35

I love my Gerogr Foreman, i need to get a bigger one. I use mine for meat, bacon ect. It is a good idea if you can be bothered to get it out and use it then clean it everytime.

I am going to get one with removable plates next time so its easier to wash. smile

CharleeInChains Mon 27-Oct-08 08:29:45

Just lightly oil the George Forman grill plates then place the veggies on when it's hot. smile

herbietea Mon 27-Oct-08 08:33:22

Message withdrawn

caykon Mon 27-Oct-08 08:56:35

Ours went on freecycle in the end

Doodle2U Mon 27-Oct-08 09:01:42

I LOVE mine.

Bacon is superb.

Panini's (buy them from Sainsbury's) filled with cheese etc - Fantastic.

We've used it for cooking a range of meat/home-made burgers, fish fingers etc.

It also does baby corn and other vegetables such as parsnip (par boil, stroke with olive oil first).

'Fried' bread - thinly buttered bread - 5 mins on the foreman - gorgeous!

mother3 Mon 27-Oct-08 15:28:18

i have had mine a few years ago.At first i was cooking most things on it but then i got fed up keep cleaning it.I have just got it out again and am using all over again like i just brought it.I did steak yesterday and it was perfect not to burnt and dry,just browned cooked and yummy very moist but thougoly cooked.When i do get a new 1 i will look in to removable plates.They sound great !!

glitterchick Mon 27-Oct-08 20:22:12

I love my GF. I use mine every day. Great alternative to frying and get a kick out of watching all the grease ooze out of food. The trick to cleaning is to do it when its still hot. If it has cooled down switch on for 2 mins to heat up and clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now