Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cost of tumble drying?

(5 Posts)
purplehighheels Sun 26-Oct-08 11:22:51

Does anyone know how much it cost to run a tumble dryer (approx) for an hour? I am determined to cut down and have been using airers/radiators etc, and I would be interested to know just how much I'm saving.

aGalChangedHerName Sun 26-Oct-08 11:25:48

Will watch this thread. I am doing the same purplehighheels after a huge increase in energy bills sad

I hope to see a big difference because we don't use the drier anymore.

purplehighheels Sun 26-Oct-08 18:29:50

Me too! I have used my dryer almost everyday of the past few winters, since the children were born (6yrs), so I will surely see a difference - I hope!

Does anyone know how much the dryer actually costs?

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Sun 26-Oct-08 18:34:05

I think it depends on the Kw. A 3kw dryer for example will use 3kw an hour so however much you pay per kw on your electric bill x3.

fruitful Sun 26-Oct-08 19:22:01

Look up your drier online on the manufacturer's website (or find the manual). It should say the energy that it uses as kw per hour, or perhaps per load. Mine is 3.9kw per cycle.

Then look up your leccy provider to find out what they charge. Mine charges 12.359p per kwh.

So that is 12.359p x 3.9kwh = 48p a load. That's more than an hour though. But it is a B-rated machine, which is quite good for a drier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now