Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got a heated clothes airer?

(7 Posts)
naturelover Thu 23-Oct-08 14:15:09

like this ?

Are they any good? I am struggling to dry laundry - we only have one DD but we use cloth nappies and I seem to do 6 loads of washing a week. I end up putting the heating on so that I can dry terry inserts on the radiators - that can't be efficient!

Any advice welcome. We have no room for a tumble dryer or a sheila maid, and obviously this being Britain the outdoor drying opportunities aren't great.

Fizzylemonade Fri 24-Oct-08 10:03:42

I have been wondering about this myself, Lakeland do the same sized one at £75.

[[http://www.lakeland.co.uk/heated-tower-airer/F/keyword/airer/product/21736 here]

<lurks, waiting to see who has one>

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Fri 24-Oct-08 10:06:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

penona Fri 24-Oct-08 10:08:37

Yes I have one, bought last year when the DTs were tiny and had way more washing than I was used to. It is RUBBISH. I used it a few times before realising it is rubbish. It is like a radiator towel dryer thing you might have in the bathroom, not especially warm, so the items dry out where they are touching the airer, but don't get any drier everywhere else than they would on a normal airer.

We now have a tumble dryer in the shed, which is a bit of a pain but was really the only solution. Better than not having one.

I would keep your money and spend it at the launderette or towards a tumble dryer if you can find the room!!

(Although thinking about it, if terry inserts are quite small, it might be useful as not much are to get dry. Where do you live? I am in SW London, you could have mine!)

penona Fri 24-Oct-08 10:10:30

But I don't have this one, I have one from the Sunday Times magazine inserts or something, that was only about £40. So maybe this one is better. Mine is like an ironing board but with rails across it that you hang things from.

WhereWolfTheWildThingsWere Fri 24-Oct-08 10:11:11

I do 8ish loads a week (including nappies every other day) and dry them outside or inside on an airer, (unheated) never had any problems getting it all dry.

Fizzylemonade Fri 24-Oct-08 17:56:34

I have a tumble drier and I love it but was looking to not use it so much due to the sheer cost of it.

I think those flat ones would be a bit useless but the other ones look like they could do the job.

<goes out to buy those radiator drier things>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: