Advanced search

Tuesday Fly - Fly me to the moon

(47 Posts)
TheMadHouse Tue 21-Oct-08 03:46:26

Morning all

mission

babysteps

TheMadHouse Tue 21-Oct-08 03:47:10

Yes - it really is that time. DH is unwell and has what the boys had last week. SO bedding in the wash, him in the bath and me up!!!!

Jas Tue 21-Oct-08 07:16:51

Oh, TMHsad I hope no-one else gets it again.

RubyRioja Tue 21-Oct-08 08:27:54

Oh crikey Mad. COuld you put a big cross on your door please - to protect passing avon ladies and jehova's witnesses?

You must be sick to death of sickness - mucho sympathy.

Am off to halloween party IT IS 8.30 AM AND i AM DRESSED AS A WITCH.

bbl

scattyspice Tue 21-Oct-08 08:34:22

Morning all.

shock mad at your early start!

grin Ruby, you know how to have a good time LOL.

To do
get kids together and go.
think about what else to do hmm....

TheMadHouse Tue 21-Oct-08 09:10:23

Morning again

DH has imodium and decided to go to work hmm. He wants two days next week off and has two sets of accounts his team need to finnish before then - so needs must.

I have more bedding in the wash and also the feather bed to do next - so I hoped the sun keeps on shinning, as it doesnt fit in the dryer.

I have finnished my morning routine and we are off to toddlers at 10am.

So I am feeling remarkably OK even bar the disturbed sleep.

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 21-Oct-08 09:15:42

Morning all
TMH - thanks for thread - hope you have gone back to bed for a bit sad hope your DH recovers soon.
Ruby - wow partying at this hour! enjoy smile
Scatty & others who follow - Morning - enjoy your day smile

so have done
washing machine un and re loaded
dishwasher un and re loaded
beds made
bathrooms ss
breakfasts done
sewed on nametape on DS1's new coat

Need to make a fruitcake today for my cake course tomorrow night so need to go to the shops.
Have to tackle my bedroom, book hair appointment, go for walk. do a bookpeople order for Christmas pressies.

back later.

lucysmam Tue 21-Oct-08 09:26:23

Morning all

Mad shock at your bad luck with illness lately, I really hope this is the last of it for you!

Ruby erm . . . halloween party at 8:30am?!?!? Have a good time smile

greyskull is the cake course at a local college? I wanted to do a short course again next yearbut didn't know what, bet that's a good one all that cake to be eaten & interesting

I have morning stuff almost done ready for heading into town shortly to see debt man and nip into job centre. Also must return the lo's shoes that clarks sold to me as the right size . . . can't get her foot in them after 2 weeks hmm

Going to pop into charity shops as well & see what's there that we could get the lo for xmas

Just off for a quick stroll around MN & then must straighten my hair & put warpaint make up on

Have a good one all xx

Jas Tue 21-Oct-08 10:31:46

Halloween party at 8.30am?!

DD2 had to go to school dressed as a Roman today, as if I didn't have enough to do. We managed, and got there on time, with ds in the buggy with no shoes.

I've just go in, and dp is telling me about some taps for the new bath (nothing has been done for months as we have had no money), but the local MFI is closing and selling off cheap, so I have to walk to the other side of town and buy them with my credit card if they are ok....

Kaplumbagadort Tue 21-Oct-08 10:37:40

Morning all.

TMH Hope DH is better soon. You really aren't doing well with bugs lately.
RR That is an early party. I bought a devil costume off Ebay last night ready for our holiday!
Greyskull Cake course sounds interesting. I love making cakes.
Lucysmam Hope you find some bargains in the charity shops. I found some Heelys for 99p last week. Hoping they sell on Ebay! grin

I have one job i must do today. Kitchen floor needs cleaning. There are muddy dog prints all over it! I need some sort of mat by the back door i think. Something to catch at least some of the wet and mud.

ludaloo Tue 21-Oct-08 11:06:25

Hi, Morning Ladies smile

Mad sorry to hear your dh is ill too sad nightmare!

Rubes grin you are such a party animal! Halloween shinanigans at 8.30am! grin Have Fun!!

Greyskull Oooooh a cake course that sounds really good. I'd like that!

Lucy's Good luck in the shops...I like that idea! Might do the same when I next go to town.

Jas hope the taps are ok....what was the occassion at school? Its our harvest festival today but my two are at home with me....waiting (unpatiently) for their blisters to go hmm

Well I had better get on with the house...the kids are all playing outside. We will go for a walk after lunch just for something to do really!

ludaloo Tue 21-Oct-08 11:13:50

Oh sorry kaplum missed you there....
Have fun cleaning the kitchen floor....I think a door mat sounds like a good plan.
Hows the Ebaying going? My dh is fuming this morning....he has an ebay shop....4 years of positve feedback was nuked today by a woman who left negative feedback sad
She bought an item on the 13th....paid for it on the 16th and left negative feedback today to complain that she hadn't received the item!!! shock He even sent an email to say we were going away for the week as she hadn't paid for it before we had to leave on the 13th!!!
No contact from her or anything. DH is gutted/furious and has gone to work rather peed off!
Its a nightmare really...he had 100% positive up until today.

angry

Kaplumbagadort Tue 21-Oct-08 11:31:43

Hi Luda. Floor is done now. Ebaying is going okish. How annoying to get given a neg for no good reason. He should be able to contact Ebay and they can remove it if they agree it isn't fair feedback. smile Good luck with that.

I am feeling a bit light headed today. Because of my cold i expect.

grouchyoscar Tue 21-Oct-08 12:26:40

Afternoon Ladies

Welcome back BJ*

*Ruby
and BWB We have the WII fit! I never thought of that, thanks!

So morning routines done, Ed to school, me to my Webster Stratton corse, Home, bring bins in, cuppa, swap drying for we washing, load TD and run and MN time.

It's the school book fair after lessons today. Ed's doing Footy training so I get to look without him spotting his xmas pressies smile. Like he doesn't have a book mountain! School book club pamphlet came round and it was 'Got', 'got' 'got' blush

DH is flashing me so I better see what he wants

scattyspice Tue 21-Oct-08 12:31:20

Afternoon.

To do (after school/work):
zone cleaning
water plant
make phone calls
take ds swimming

BBl

Jas Tue 21-Oct-08 12:36:39

Afternoon, allsmile

I got the tapsgrin but still haven't even cleared up from breakfastblush

I did manage to get the washing on the line before I went out....it tis lovely and sunny now.

Yr 3 do "Roman day" at the dds school. They do quite alot of themed work, and special event days at their school, and it seem s to make learning more enjoyable.

RubyRioja Tue 21-Oct-08 12:39:07

halloween party at pre-school, so no drinking involved grin.

AM now de-witched.

Hope Dh survives the day Mad.

Grouchy - you have the perfect excuse to play wii games now!

grouchyoscar Tue 21-Oct-08 12:41:24

The Wii says I'm 53 and unbalanced! Bless it

<<Grouchy take hammer towards the wii box>>

Kaplumbagadort Tue 21-Oct-08 12:43:10

Don't suppose anyone has any devil red tights they don't want? (Adults!!) Wondering if i can get away with my red patent DMs with the dress! grin this is it. Went a bit over my planned bid price! blush

grouchyoscar Tue 21-Oct-08 13:15:19

You have red patent DMs too!!!! Heh heh heh

They'll look fab with that and black fishnets

Kaplumbagadort Tue 21-Oct-08 13:25:15

Fishnets? shock I don't think i could wear fish nets! I am not even sure i can wear the dress. grin Will have to hope it looks ok on. I love my DMs and want to buy more in various colours. But even on Ebay they aren't cheap.

BiancaCastafiore Tue 21-Oct-08 13:34:47

Good afternoon

I have had a busy and productive morning doing lots of jobs and the house is looking much improved for it Still a fair bit to do till I'll feel satisfied but I can at least walk into rooms without recoiling in horror now.
I am having a sit down and some lunch now.
Dh is 40 today, he had to go to work without having had any presents this morning as the parcel I'd ordered hadn't arrived (it has now ) We are having a birthday tea later this afternoon grin I am looking forward to some cake.

TMH hope dh is better soon
Ruby Halloween party sounds like fun!
Jas well done on a Roman costume..I hate days like that! We have to come up with a musical themed costume each for dd and ds for Friday...I am uninspired - HELP!
Kaplum grin at that costume! I may be able to supply a mat for your kitchen - see me via MSN sometime..
Luda how are the kids? All better yet?
Lucysmam, Grouchy, Greyskull, Scatty, anybody else hello!

intravenouscoffee Tue 21-Oct-08 13:46:02

Hello all. Just popping in to catch up on thread but not doing much flying today cos it's my birthday grin. Having a lazy day and it's very nice.

Jas Tue 21-Oct-08 13:55:17

Happy Birthday ICsmile (And mr castafiore)

TheMadHouse Tue 21-Oct-08 14:27:38

Happy Birthday IVC and Mr Bainca

I am back from hospital. I had a steriod injection into my right wrist - ouch

Hopefully it will work, then back in 6 weeks for one into the left.

Not supposed to do anything for two days - yeh right

Kap Love the dress and the DMs and agree with the tights.

sorry can not remember much else - back later

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now