Talk

Advanced search

A thread for the unmotivated/ non-flying MNers who really need to housework........

(74 Posts)
FAQ Mon 20-Oct-08 09:59:31

but can't be arsed.

This is the start of my time having the whole day with just DS3 (nearly 17 months) as it's DS2's first full day at school, having been part-time previously.

Today didn't start well, despite an early night (for me) - I was woken at 8.45 by a hammering on the door - DS1's friend who knocks for him to walk up to school together.

I leapt out of bed - thankfully DS1 had already got himself dressed and breakfasted -but DS1 was still in his PJ's - a mad frantic dash with me helping him get dressed (he can do it perfectly well himself and pretty fast too -but not as fast as me dressing him lol) and get some breakfast down his throat and I booted him out of the door on his own (don't worry - school is literally my next door neighbour - and I rang just to double check he'd actually gone through the inner gate into school grin).

However that left DS3 and I still in our PJ's - and after my mad rush this morning I'm now sat here totally unmotivated......

Haven't got loads to do - but need to do some stuff - but the knowledge that I don't HAVE to get dressed until 3pm isn't helping the motivation factor.

Jobs I need to get done (if you've read through all my waffling grin). Are

Get DS3 dressed and myself
Empty the dishwasher
Reload dishwasher and put it on
Do the washing and get it dried
Hoover - upstairs and down
Put the pile of ironed clothes away properly - I shoved it all in the bottom of the wardrobe on Saturday as I was expecting viewers and didn't have time to put it away properly
I do also really need to go to Morrison (not sure if this will happen as it's cold, grey and windy outside lol)
Cook dinner
Try and get some of my stuff on ebay

CountessDracula Mon 20-Oct-08 10:08:45

oh god
my cleaner is away for 2 weeks
I will have to do this

travellingwilbury Mon 20-Oct-08 10:08:59

I will join you grin

We have had friends here most of the weekend so the house was all done and lovely on Friday and now looks like a bomb has gone off again .

I have got to clean the fire out
Wash up
Clean kitchen floor (not entrely convinced even now that that will get done ) blush
Sort out my tip of a bedroom (the reason why downstairs looked all clean and tidy on Friday is because a lot of crap was chucked in our room )
I have also got to cook a chicken stew at some point

Wish me luck

travellingwilbury Mon 20-Oct-08 10:09:37

CD forgive me if I am not too sympathetic to your cause wink

FAQ Mon 20-Oct-08 10:10:08

envy at CD usually having a cleaner.

Once I've found a job and am better off financially (not for a year or two yet - I'm at home with the DS's until DS3 starts nursery/school) a cleaner is top of my little luxuries to budget for grin

DS3 is now dressed grin

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Mon 20-Oct-08 10:11:32

Ok. I started this yesterday, and was in tears by 10pm last night as although I had done LOADS. It wasnt even half doneangry
So begin again today....
I need to find 2 parcels.
Hole punch dd1s project.
Retidy kitchen(not too bad)
and work my way upstairs from the bottom step. Its like a Life Of Grime.
ARGH.
Back later, get some good tunes on.

FAQ Mon 20-Oct-08 10:14:26

I'm stuck with kids TV until DS3 has his nap later - but will get some music on then to keep me motivated.

I know the feeling spending all day doing stuff - I spent friday tidying up ready for viewers, was up until 4am........got up in the morning and there was still LOADS to do.

I did it - but by chucking stuff in random boxes/bottom of wardrobe/under beds - so it all needs sorting properly lol.

Think I need a coffee to get motivated properly - may get a load of washing on while the kettle is boiling.........

travellingwilbury Mon 20-Oct-08 10:18:32

I think a coffee first is a great idea and at least if the washing machine is making a noise then something is happening .

My 2 yr old is asleep so I really have no excuse but I think I might have 10 mins on here then off by 10 30

So if anyone sees me around here after half ten you can tell me to sod off and do some cleaning grin

FAQ Mon 20-Oct-08 10:21:21

well the washing machine is now making a quiet noise, I've got a coffee - AND I managed to empty the dishwasher - just need to put last nights dinner stuff in - was about to go to bed last night and realised I hadn't finished loading it - but had no clean bottles for DS3 - so just put it on half loaded blush

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 20-Oct-08 10:24:08

ooh i was gonna make one of these threads.

my jobs for today

clean fridge
clean back kitchen
wash up
clean cuboard doors
tidy living room <was gonna vax but its pissing down and im not going out to buy shampoo in this weather>
put in washing

thats it for now. There will be more though if I get that done in time. we are winter boot shopping today.

FAQ Mon 20-Oct-08 10:55:05

oh this is a very long "coffee" blush

FAQ Mon 20-Oct-08 11:09:59

woohoo now I have

Got my 2nd load of washing in and
Got dressed grin

CountessDracula Mon 20-Oct-08 11:17:51

Ah you may well scoff at me
But I am at work
I can't do a thing
Will ahve to do tonight
and it's my birthday
GREAT timing angry

pumpkinscantdancethetango Mon 20-Oct-08 11:19:25

I have a repair man coming and I have slept in (insomnia lastnight ggrr) so before he comes I need to -

Clean out rabbits cage
sweep floor
tidy up front room
make front room smell nice (any ideas??)

then after that i need to -

put wash on
make bed
do dishes
clean bathroom
empty bins
hoover
mop floors

FAQ Mon 20-Oct-08 11:21:50

oh Happy Birthday CD - just do the bare minimum when you get home from work - the rest will wait until tomorrow smile

travellingwilbury Mon 20-Oct-08 11:27:42

Happy Birthday CD

Not scoffing just jealous grin (and back here , but I have managed to finish eating the choc cake from yesterday so I have done some tidying of food )

I am now going to go and hang some washing which isn't even on my list and then get the washing up done

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Mon 20-Oct-08 11:29:28

lol @ if the washing machine is making a noise then something is happeninggrin Quite often thats the ONLY thing other than the tap tap of the keyboard or scroll of the mouse though!
I have located parcels, got them posted, did some shopping and am now eating.
So will get started at 11.40 maybehmm

FAQ Mon 20-Oct-08 11:58:55

right just put DS3 down for his nap - really should get on - but going to have (another) coffee and fag first grin

pumpkinscantdancethetango Mon 20-Oct-08 11:59:51

Happpy birthday CD <passes birthday cake>

FAQ Mon 20-Oct-08 13:15:51

right - i've got the dishwasher loaded and on again, and have now tidied and hoovered the living room.

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Mon 20-Oct-08 13:24:34

I have been to the Post office for the third time, and to the tip to get rid of the carpet and have FULLY dont downstairs mop and allshock Now to remove myself from MN for upstairs...hmm, in a minute..

travellingwilbury Mon 20-Oct-08 13:38:02

I have managed to clean my kitchen floor shock

And I have done the washing up

So the next job is to sort out our bedroom

Maybe a few minutes rest first .....

MoonlightMcKenzie Mon 20-Oct-08 13:45:02

Can I join you? I tried the flylady but fell at the first hurdle.

I WOULD like a nice house, but my standards will NEVER extend to a polished sink hmm, just doing the washing up before the cupboard is completely empty, and remembering to wipe my DS's hands before he leaves the table and paints the furniture with weetabix would probably do me!

Oh, and perhaps picking up the post more often than once a fortnight.....

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Mon 20-Oct-08 14:02:33

At 2.15 I am going to FULLY clear my bed. Not half do it and reach for the laptophmm Jump on in Mckenzie, im sure one of us might have room on the sofa for yougrin

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Mon 20-Oct-08 14:39:33

I have cleared the bedshock Last night there was barely enough room for me in itblush Now to do something for the kids to eat after school...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now