Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

oh bloody hell. xdh has scratched a tear in my leather sofa [sob]

(9 Posts)
KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Sat 18-Oct-08 10:39:54

he denies it emphatically of course. He sleeps on it when here. With zippers last night hmm he insists that zippers were no where near where tear is hmm

I am so upset. The things cost almost 1000 euro which I will NEVER EVER have again.

The tear doesn't go all the way through but the skin is broken. More like a scratch. Is there anything I can do? Of course it is in the middle of the seat.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sat 18-Oct-08 10:41:01

Are you insured? Myabe cleaning it with a decent leather cleaner will help it look less noticable?

PavlovtheWitchesCat Sat 18-Oct-08 10:41:36

Are you insured? You could get it repaired and claim back on insurance?

Or, you can suggest he pays for the repair, or else you will sue him for criminal damage hmm grin

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Sat 18-Oct-08 10:42:37

he insists quite vehementaly (I didn't come down here to get ABUSED) that he didn't do it.

I do have home insurance (contents). Does it cover stuff like this?

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sat 18-Oct-08 10:43:22

yes it usually does but you will have to checkl your policy. Ours covers accidental damage.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Sat 18-Oct-08 10:43:23

is there some sort of product I can buy [hopeful]?

RubberDuck Sat 18-Oct-08 10:43:35

Kerry - see if you have Accidental Damage as one of the parts of the policy, then you would be covered.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Sat 18-Oct-08 10:44:31

Argos doesn't sell these ones anymore (I have a two seater and a 3 seater. it was the 3 seater)

Even if it's repaired is it very noticeable?

RubberDuck Sat 18-Oct-08 11:20:40

It does look like a repair might work - no idea if there's someone similar local to you though or how much it might cost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now