Talk

Advanced search

So, I've painted my bedroom walls but now I'm stuck!

(10 Posts)
threetinytots Fri 17-Oct-08 20:08:31

I've painted the bedroom walls in mint, we have neutral carpet and modern pine furniture.

I am now completely at a loss as to what to do with the rest of the decor! Didn't really think this through very well...

Has anyone any ideas on bedding, curtains, accesories, etc?

TIA

threetinytots Fri 17-Oct-08 20:09:39

oops, just reread thread title - obv I'm not stuck to the bedroom walls blush

MurderousMarla Fri 17-Oct-08 20:10:57

I would go with foresty dark greens

ANTagony Fri 17-Oct-08 20:11:31

It sounds like a very natural looking theme and pretty light at present so what about some chocolate brown for a bit of intensity to balance the paler palate?

threetinytots Fri 17-Oct-08 20:12:07

ooh, that sounds good.

barbie1 Fri 17-Oct-08 20:12:20

grin laughed soooo much at your post just had to tell you!

LadyOfWaffleIsScaryEnough Fri 17-Oct-08 20:12:40

dark greens and solid mint....?

MurderousMarla Fri 17-Oct-08 20:13:02

Ooh yes browns could work too
sounds lovely actually

threetinytots Fri 17-Oct-08 20:28:38

barbie blush blush

We have windows on two walls, one with a seat - would choc brown curtains be too much or should I go for something lighter?

It's not an overly large room, but very light.

ANTagony Fri 17-Oct-08 20:37:56

Cream curtains with a brown accent could work. Like tie backs or a vertical brown strip at the edges (also practical for keeping the curtains looking clean) Again with the seat if you like a light look keep the brown as an accent colour (its easier to remove if too much that way) a throw narrower than the seat cushion or a scatter cushion (you could have fun and have leather brown or fake fur brown for some texture. You could paint a brown square on the wall as well to frame a picture of mirror if you wanted to break up one of the walls.

Again with the throws you could do the hotel thing and have one across the bottom of the bed with a couple of scatter cushions at the head. It makes it easy to revamp the scheme without redecorating in 12 months time - like by changing brown for a rich pink or for summer a neutral cream.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now