Talk

Advanced search

is there anyway of getting the orange off?

(6 Posts)
fairimum Thu 16-Oct-08 08:53:59

Despite being told over and over that anything with red/orange sauce needs rinsing before going in the dishwasher (and being told his mother never needs to!) my bloody DH has turned all DDs bottles, ring bits, lids and teats bright orange... will anything get them out or am I looking at new ones? the teats seem to have gone cloudy too - which never normally do - we only just brought 6 of the new size on Saturday!! not happy!!

AMumInScotland Thu 16-Oct-08 09:28:10

They keep advertising that new Fairy dishwasher stuff which is meant to stop it happening - I might try it when my current stuff runs out - but I don't know if it removes the stains after they've happened.

Rubyrubyruby Thu 16-Oct-08 09:30:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bramshott Thu 16-Oct-08 09:35:56

Check you have enough salt & rinse aid in the dishwasher. Plastics can go orange if there isn't enough of one or both of these - I'd always assumed it was just one of those things with dishwashers!

GrapefruitMoon Thu 16-Oct-08 10:00:20

I think the orange stain will wear off eventually after a few washes. You're not really going to replace them all because of this are you??

fairimum Thu 16-Oct-08 12:04:21

not the bottles no!!! just been told by a few people that it damages the teats! so wasn't sure if i needed to replace them?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: