Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mattress cleaning

(7 Posts)
Cadbury Wed 15-Oct-08 10:41:01

Ds has had a few over night accidents this week. While his duvet and pillow etc are being washed, he's been sleeping in a sleeping bag ontop of the mattress (dh didn't put the plastic cover back on when getting ds to bed). I've just been in to make the bed again to discover another accident in the sleeping bag and on the mattress. I have washed the area with water and detol and patted dry with a towel. I now have the mattress standing up next to a radiator to dry it out hopefully before bed time tonight.

I wondered, how do you clean your mattresses when the inevitable occurs, or am I the only one who didn't have a plastic sheet on?

mehgalegs Wed 15-Oct-08 10:45:26

Be careful not to over wet it as I trashed our old mattress a few months ago.

Sprinkling bicarbonate of soda on the stain, leaving for a few hours and then hoovering off can get rid of any whiffs.

Cadbury Wed 15-Oct-08 10:51:11

thanks - that's a good idea
It si a pretty old mattress, I have to say, but never the less, I can't afford a new one at the moment.

Cadbury Wed 15-Oct-08 11:23:50

any other ideas?

Cadbury Wed 15-Oct-08 16:00:19

shameless bump

chocolatemummy Wed 15-Oct-08 16:03:23

washing detergent in hot water scrubbed with a sponge and then bicarbonate of soda elft to soak

Cadbury Wed 15-Oct-08 21:03:54

thanks chocolatemummy (good namegrin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now