Talk

Advanced search

Water stains on car seats.....

(8 Posts)
sammysam Tue 14-Oct-08 09:17:04

I haven't had my car long but all the seats excet the drivers are now covered in stains from leaking water bottles either in my bag or dd dropping her cup on the back seat and once from the wet swimming bag. It looks like I or another family member has a very bad incontinence problem blush and i'd really like to try and get rid of them! How do I do it-surely if they get wet it will just leave another mark? Any ideas?

sammysam Tue 14-Oct-08 11:36:47

Please-someone must know what I should do!!! grin

FiendishFairyFay Tue 14-Oct-08 11:41:19

bump, becuase we have exactly the same problem blush

Lionstar Tue 14-Oct-08 11:49:22

You can get car upholstery cleaners, in fact any upholstery cleaner will probably work - like vanish carpet stuff - spray on, vacuum off. You will probably have to do the whole seat area though to avoid any patchiness. You may have to do all the seats to get a decent 'match'

Lionstar Tue 14-Oct-08 11:51:05

Oh, and a steam cleaner would probably do the trick too - you can hire them (or get a valeting company to do it)

sammysam Tue 14-Oct-08 21:17:10

I was a bit worried about using an upholstery cleaner as I thought that that would leave 'tide' marks as well? Would a foam one be better do you think?

IotasCat Tue 14-Oct-08 21:18:44

as Lionstar said, do the whole seat area and it should dry evenly

been there done that smile

sammysam Tue 14-Oct-08 21:39:50

Thank you! I know i'll cock it up somehow but it can't really look much worse than it does at the moment grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now