Have I lost the Monday FLY thread??

(60 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 13-Oct-08 09:45:01

Or are you all still in bed hmm

lucysmam Mon 13-Oct-08 09:49:55

<<<taps on screen>>>

Where is everyone at this hour???

Jas Mon 13-Oct-08 10:25:32

shock I'm back from school run and work....I'll do some links wand we can get started.

Jas Mon 13-Oct-08 10:31:44

I'm going to do 2 of the babystepsbut choose whatever you are up to...

Or go straight to Kelly's mission

Jas Mon 13-Oct-08 10:35:59

I'm very behind today, so here is what I should have already done but haven't. I'm off to do it now, and will report back and see if anyone else is here when Im done

Morning
1 Make bed
2 Washing machine
3 Breakfast INCLUDING ME
4 Wash up/shine sink
5 Wipe table/high chair
6 Clear surfaces
7 Packed lunches
8 What's for tea?
9 Sweep the kitchen floor
10 Swish and swipe
Monday
Bathroom
Mirrors
Mop kitchen
Clean wheelie bin

Oh, sorry....Good morning lucysmamsmile and thanks for the thread!

sagacious Mon 13-Oct-08 10:36:11

i'm here (though I'm meant to be working) blush

TheMadHouse Mon 13-Oct-08 10:46:02

I am here too, but feeling really unwell. I have the sickness thing from DS2. So I am trying to look after the two boys inbetween trips to the loo

So no toddler group this morning

My to do list

Washing
Drying
Drop buggy at couriers
Lunch for the boys
DS1 to Preschool
Mission

See if I can pop somemore things on e-bay

sagacious Mon 13-Oct-08 10:50:03

Floor man back again
More biscuits

My list:

Clear breakfast things done
Clear surfaces
Ammend sainsbury order done
Clean fridge
Sort out PDF's (proper work for a change!)
Hoover dining room (when floor man gone)
Ironing pile

That should keep me busy

tortoise Mon 13-Oct-08 11:08:48

I am here too but need a new name. sad Wondering if xp has been reading my posts. Can't think of any other reason why he would ask me if i wanted him at the party saturday then leave after less than an hour sunday.

Also need to keep on with the tidying up!

TMH Hope you are feeling better soon. Take it easy today.

Still have all the sleepsuits(2-3yrs) that i mentioned the other day. Pics on profile. Free for postage.

intravenouscoffee Mon 13-Oct-08 11:55:07

Morning all. Thanks for the thread lucysmam*
*TMH
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Tort Good luck picking a new name, whatever you've posted about your XP on here surely he should have stayed at the party for your DS's sake rather than having a strop?
sag Enjoy the new floor when it's done.

Have done morning routine and most of house blessing so feeling quite positive this morning. Also sink is still shiny and beautiful which is good. Have sent DH to buy some washing machine cleaner as our machine doesn't seem to be cleaning things as well as it should so I'm hoping that'll make a difference. He's taken DD with him so I'm just having a quick sit down and catching up on MN and emails.

lucysmam Mon 13-Oct-08 11:58:35

oh, there you all are!!!

tortoise are they girls or boys sleepsuits? Not that it really matters! How much do you want for them? Would your xp really read your posts? I'd not be very impressed if my oh did, never mind an ex

saga is the floor looking good?

Mad your lot really are going through it at the mo, sorry you're not feeling well now sad Hope you're all ell again soon
Jas good morning, how is your dp's job going?

Well I've been pottering again this morning, done loads of normal morning-ey stuff. Footykit in washer at the mo & lo sat o ten my knee trying to help type hmm

SIL has a scan this morning I think, or early afternoon so wait and see what the outcome is. OH has gone to work to find out why he still hasn't been paid. MIL is coming round to see the lo for a while, scuppering my plans to spend the afternoon baking with the lo and create a chocolate cake for her birthday tomorrow! So looks like I'll have to find myself something to do & create later on & let the lo decorate in the morning before we head to MIL's house.

I need to declutter some more really, just not sure where to start with upstairs as we have stuff stashed everywhere that could do with organising & sorting through.

lucysmam Mon 13-Oct-08 12:00:21

x-post

Morning IVC smile

lucysmam Mon 13-Oct-08 12:01:19

hmm I do not have the lo sat o ten my knee at all . . . .I have the lo sat on my knee

tortoise Mon 13-Oct-08 12:06:48

Lucysmam They were my DD's but can be for either! Have you looked at pics in my profile? Will be happy just to get postage tbh. I don't know if he would read my posts but my stupid SW did once mention MN and DS's know about it too. I hate the thought of him reading my posts.

IVC Yes he should have stayed. Next time i will just scrape the money together myself and forget about him! I paid for all the food, drinks, prizes, party bags etc anyway. He only paid half the disco!

I am getting on well with the tidy up. Front room is looking better. Still have far to much stuff though! Kitchen next. Then lunch and school run.

EustaciaVye Mon 13-Oct-08 12:41:02

Hi everyone.

Tort - you knew XP would do what he did. Seriously dont lose any sleep over it. New name good idea though. I plan to change mine again soon. This whole thing with Cod has freaked me out a bit.

Plan to take DD out in the car in a bit to get her to sleep so I can then get on with some housework. She refuses to go to bed at all in the day now.

tortoise Mon 13-Oct-08 12:46:34

EV I didn't expect him to walk out. I thought he would sit and do bugger all but at least be there for DS2. Never again! Still can't think of a name. Well i thought of one but it is a bit obvious who i am still!

Jas Mon 13-Oct-08 13:01:00

Morning ALL DONEsmile
1 Make bed
2 Washing machine
3 Breakfast INCLUDING ME
4 Wash up/shine sink
5 Wipe table/high chair
6 Clear surfaces
7 Packed lunches
8 What's for tea?
9 Sweep the kitchen floor
10 Swish and swipe
Afternoon
11 15 min declutter
12 mission
13 Where's the washing?
14 2 min hotspot

Monday
Bathroom
Mirrors
Mop kitchen done
Clean wheelie bin next week

Not great progress, but better than I've done recently.
I'm going to do the bathroom, then check my babystep and mission.

grouchyoscar Mon 13-Oct-08 13:04:36

Afternoon Ladies

Awwwh TMH hope you're feeling better soon

Lucys how did the cake go?

tort Sorry about XPs attitude
Waves to Jas saga EV IVC and all who arrive later

I've got so much done

Up
Down to make porridge
Empty DW
Put it away
Tidy round
S&S worksurfaces
Get Ed out of bed for porridge
Serve brekkie
Eat and tidy away
Shower for me and Ed
Teeth cleaning and meds
Get dressed
Get bags ready and get him to school
Home
Tidy the front room
Help nieghbour to handle a pension query
Take bottles for recycling
Mooch round the town
Post job apps
Home, make lunches
MN time

I had a good mooch. Got a new pair of shoes shock and a really nice suit (£2!) and a picture frame and some books, lunch stuff and some silly biscuits.

I should do something constructive. I may clean the kitchen tiles round the cooker hmm

Oh Mondayh ..... Ho hum

lucysmam Mon 13-Oct-08 13:16:39

Hello again smile

EV what Cod thing?
grouchy MIL is coming round shortly to see the lo, so am making this evening instead that way she won't see it or the biccies I'm going to get the lo to decorate in the morning. Fingers crossed!

Wish our charity shops were as good as yours! They usually are full of shockingly overpriced stuff round here for what it is! The one up the road wants £2 for 2 white grey school pe shirt type shirts shock. You can get them new for that!!!

I'm bored again. Have tidied and hoovered upstairs, avoided stuff that needs sorting though. Might chop ingredients for tea in a bit & make a cuppa & ring SIL to find out if she's ok since no-ones let me know yet.

Hope you're all having a good (for a Monday hmm ) day xx

EustaciaVye Mon 13-Oct-08 13:21:57

Tort - I know what you mean about your exp. Just try not to let it affect you. Was DS ok? Have a look for a type of tortoise name.

lucysmam - if you look in chat you;ll see about cod. Some RL person as come on and been nasty. Cod has left MN and closed her blog down.

I've been out in the car and DD2 still wont sleep. She seems too young to want to drop her nap....

tortoise Mon 13-Oct-08 13:26:45

EV Yes DS2 was ok. I said to him your Dads leaving and he went to say bye. he was having such a good time he wasn't bothered! Worried a tortoise type name will be too obvious as to who i am! Will be hard not posting things that would point to me too.

sagacious Mon 13-Oct-08 13:27:17

Have eaten too many chocolate biscuits (floorman was finished in an hour so had a load left...and now I feel sick )

Floor does look lovely though...

EustaciaVye Mon 13-Oct-08 13:30:49

Fair enough tort. You need to think of a completely random name then?

I'm off to change names so will be back later....shame as I loved this one. Sigh.

tortoise Mon 13-Oct-08 13:33:46

EV Yes i think so. Will keep thinking!

tigger32 Mon 13-Oct-08 13:34:55

Hello all,
mad poor you, hope you feel better soon
tort sorry xp was like that, hope the party was fun for ds though!
lucys how old will lo be?

smile to GO jas EV IVC and Sag hope you are all having a good day

we've got busy week so got up early to make a start
Done

change sheets on all beds
tidy all bedrooms
hoovered and dusted d/s
brush and mop playroom/kitchen/utility
rearranged toys in playroom
15 min declutter in playroom
sorted 2 loads washing
whats for dinner sorted
been to toddlers
lunch

To do
Make some phone calls
collect ds1
ironing
mission
finish blessing

Well ds2 has dropped to sleep finally so will go upstairs and dust now
BBL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now