Talk

Advanced search

any idea why I get stains on new clothes as they are taken out of the washing machine?

(5 Posts)
sannie Sat 11-Oct-08 21:12:59

I was washing some new vests for ds2...he's small so I'm still washing them before they have been worn to get the dressing out of them....

It's strange but I washed them with lots of other dirty stuff and yet it was only the brand new things that had marks on them when I took them out of the washing machine...this has happened more then once....

the marks are brownish....does anyone else have this problem or know what causes it? I have cleaned around the door.....

thank

BigBadMousey Sat 11-Oct-08 21:33:39

Oh how exciting - an opportunity to link to my favourite washing machine website here. There are lots of ideas and info on there - links at the bottom left might help you.

<makes note to get out more>

SoMuchToBits Sat 11-Oct-08 21:36:03

Have you had the washing machine long?

It could be that the bearings have gone in the machine, especially if it makes quite a lot of noise (particularly when spinning). When that happens it causes rust, which can be left as a deposit on the clothes.

sannie Sat 11-Oct-08 21:49:52

thanks...

machine is about 3ish years old and is noisy when spinning....

I'll take a look at the website...

I need to get put more too ...posting about a washing machine problem on a saturday night

SoMuchToBits Sat 11-Oct-08 21:52:43

Ha ha! Well, I need to get out more too - responding to a washing machine question on a sturday night! grin

But seriously, our bearings have gone twice on our machine, and the first time we did get brown stains. We have just had it repaired for the second time this week - it's lovely and quiet now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now