Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do I get sweat stains out of a cream silk dress?

(6 Posts)
HeadFairy Mon 06-Oct-08 19:45:03

Beautiful dress, worn on a scorching summers day (remember those? ) now has lovely yellowy stains at the armpits . I'm sure there's some magic rememdy, I've tried washing, soaking in Biotex etc, I'm loath to try anything too harsh as it's silk and might not handle it. Is there anything else I can try? I'm worried I may have set the stains permenently.

Dropdeadfred Mon 06-Oct-08 19:50:11

dry cleaners?

HeadFairy Mon 06-Oct-08 19:53:13

Hadn't thought of that to be honest, I was hoping there was something I could do at home. Might have to resort to the dry cleaners if there isn't.

mollythetortoise Mon 06-Oct-08 19:57:04

someone mentioned soluble aspirin on another thread.Tried it on a white cotton top with same problem and am pleasd with results.. but not sure if it would work with silk.. worth a try though as dress is probably unwearable now? - just put two aspirins in with a bio powder on as hot a wash as poss.. becareful with silk though

HeadFairy Mon 06-Oct-08 20:01:00

Oh that's interesting... thanks for that molly. I might have a google around to see if I can find anything that says soluble aspirin is bad for silk. Cheers!

HeadFairy Mon 06-Oct-08 20:08:34

Have found this site if anyone else is interested.... apparently ammonia is the thing to use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now