Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning leather sofas

(6 Posts)
chloemegjess Mon 06-Oct-08 08:23:34

Hello. We got new leather sofas this year and I promised myslef I would look after them but haven't. What can I use to give them a clean? I have a baby so it is general baby dirt, dribble, food thrown from the highchair etc! Lol. They are in real need of a clean.

I used to use babywipes on my old cream leather sofa, but these were second hand so I wasn't so worried. Is it ok to use babywipes on these? They are brown.

Please share any tips!

ChopsTheDuck Mon 06-Oct-08 08:26:00

leather cleaner from ikea. It's brilliant. I use baby wipes for a quick wipe but they don't bring them shine back properly like cleaner does.

JamInMyWellies Mon 06-Oct-08 08:30:43

there is a product called cherish that I use buy from ebay tis brill our sofas are reg covered in baby and dog mess. it alsways brings them up brill.

nannyL Mon 06-Oct-08 08:36:10

my mum has leathe sofa wipes... not sure where she gets them from but they seem to work ok

murphyslaw Mon 06-Oct-08 09:03:56

I just use a damp cloth with a tiny bit of washing up liquid. Once a year I use a leather conditioner.

mumieluv Thu 09-Oct-08 14:01:14

i have got a cream leather sofa that is always covered in biro as i ahve a 2 year old i use cheap hairspray leave on for half an hour and then clean with domestos.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: