Talk

Advanced search

Monday FLY

(39 Posts)
BiancaCastafiore Mon 06-Oct-08 08:09:08

Morning

No time to do mission links (sorryblush) as have to rush kids to school and get to work early today as I was lazy over the weekend and no have to play catch-up (annoyed with myself now!)

Just wanted to send (((hugs))) to Tort x x Hope the night went peacefully and everyone soon feels better x x

May be abck after work, but pro no time today. Ds has a booster imunisation jab after school and is not very happy about it

Jas Mon 06-Oct-08 08:20:54

Babysteps

Mission

Thanks Biancasmile

I hope you are all ok today tort and get dd2 to school.

RubyRioja Mon 06-Oct-08 08:25:41

Hi
hope everyone on mend at Torts.

Going to bank this am. Feel brave and mega responsible. Need to put my 'bank face' on!

lucysmam Mon 06-Oct-08 08:42:45

Morning all smile

Looks like everyone's in a rush this morning!

We had a dodgy night here again with the lo coughing & being sick until 3am! She's bright as a button now though & in the process of putting Noah's Ark together hmm

OH has an interview in a bit for a place just round the corner so he's sat on sofa feeling sorry for himself because the lo kept him up longer than me.

J's mum tried to drop him off at 7am this morning. I ignored the door! Not even a phone call to ask if I would have him & just turned up which I thought was out of order.

Just odd bits to do this morning before town after oh's interview:
~brekky & pots
~ask mil to have the lo
~town shopping list
~wash lo's coat she was sick on on Saturday (just discovered at bottom of stairs . . . yuk)
~pack lo's bag
~s&s bathroom & kitchen
~put lasagne together for tea tonight
~strip big bed

Off to do brekky before the lo explodes asking for her beeble out!

EustaciaVye Mon 06-Oct-08 09:18:44

Morning all.

Not working this morning as friend who normally has DD is on holiday. Dd1 off to school and I'm now back with DD.

A bit torn as I have work, housework and entertaining DD to do.

tigger32 Mon 06-Oct-08 09:38:05

morning all

Sorry haven't really caught up on the weekends happenings,
lucys thanks very much for the birthday song on friday grin hope lo is feeling better and good luck to oh

Bianca and jas thanks for thread and links, Bianca good luck with the catching up.

EV maybe you could set a timer and do 30 mins each of work, housework and DD throughout the day?

RR Good luck at the bank smile

Well, I had a fantastic birthday weekend full of lots of things, and I had loads of lovely presents, feel quite spoilt really wink

Anyway back to it today

Have done
morning routine
walked ds1 to school
whats for dinner - pasta and sauce

To do
do puzzels with ds2
pay bills
home blessing
mission
Write thank yous
ironing
prepare for meeting tonight
write shopping list
order cds for dsd for xmas

off to get on

TheMadHouse Mon 06-Oct-08 09:54:46

Morning all

Tigger Glad you had a good weekend. Spill on the pressies, so I can live vicariously

EV Play - cleaning can wait till nap time grin

Ruby Responsible indeed grin

Tort I hope you managed throught the night. I understand vomit is not your thing at all. Hope everyone is getting better

Lucys Same to you too!!!!

Bianca Hope all goes OK with the boosters

Jas Thanks for the links

Waves to all else that follow

We are still having broken nights and DS1 is insisting in getting up far too early.

We are off to toddlers, once I have dealth with a nappy explorions

So far this morning I have

Mopped the ground floor - DS2 spilling milk everywhere
Washer on

I have to

Ironing and put away
Mission
Zone clean start - will post zone list later
Find filler gun
keep an eye on ebay - my listings finnish today
add more listings
Sort lunch
Prep Dinner
DS1 to Preschool
DS2 nap

yadda yadda yadda

tortoise Mon 06-Oct-08 10:09:01

Morning.
Not to bad a night. Didn't get to sleep until gone 1am though.
DD1 hasn't been sick since the one time last night and is asking for food. Just waiting for friend to bring shopping then she can have a plain biscuit.

DS2 seems fine. He has had some dry cereal.

I was hoping to get to bigger town today/tomorrow but that won't happen now. DS2 wanted a skeleton outfit from Tesco for dress up book day Wednesday.

I think they will both go back Wednesday. School says 48 from last sick before sending them back.

Really worrying about getting ill myself. I have loads to do this week as it is DS2's birthday Friday and party Sunday.

grouchyoscar Mon 06-Oct-08 10:28:35

Morning ALL

Hope you're feeling brighter Tort and DD is getting better.

BF has cancelled her visit due to birthday induced hangover sad ho hum

Got up 45 mins late shock So a bit of a mental rush round. Ed to school washed, fed, uniformed, nit reppelled, fish oiled, book bag , pe kit ond lunch pack. Just caught up with the morning chores. phew

Off to town this lunchtime to post job apps and parcel thenI'm going to the CAB this afternoon to see about volenteerring opportunities. Then collect Ed and do Ed things until I go to bed

Hope all are well

ludaloo Mon 06-Oct-08 10:44:04

Morning peeps smile

Kids are all at school/nursery....hurrah!!

Picking DD2 up at 11.30 and then going off to do a food shop....hurrah again! (cupboards are bare)

Tort awwwww nooooo nightmare! I hope they get better soon and you get some sleep xxx

Bianca Morning smile Thanks for the thread....you seem sooooo busy! We'll have to catch up soon...don't work too hard ok! smile

Right have promised I'll wrap some Ebay things up for DH before I go into town.

Catch you all later x

EustaciaVye Mon 06-Oct-08 10:45:33

Mad - you are right.

I did 45 mins work while DD watched tv and we've just been out and cleared the front garden of leaves while DD2 'helped'. Now she's back inside warming up, I've just made a cuppa and will get some nice toys out.

laurasmiles Mon 06-Oct-08 10:59:37

Morning everybody - just wanted to nip in to all you experienced FLY ladies to share that I have just completed my 31 babystep!! grin yay!!
Feel a little anxious now as my safety blanket is gone - I liked looking every day at what to do next. There's so much else on the website and the detailed zone cleaning scares me blush. Not sure where to go from here. hmm
I'm doing the morning routine like clockwork although I never get myself together for the evenign routine. Should I try to get that down before moving on?? Any advice gratefully received. smile
How did you all start????

cafebistro Mon 06-Oct-08 11:01:32

Morning Everyone

Tortoise Glad your DC's seem better. Good luck with the party organising.
Lucys Have fun in town.

Hi Everyone else smile.

Feeling very down at the moment. Dont know whats wrong with me. So the house is suffering, and then that gets me down!
DP tried to cheer me up yesterday by giving me his card so I could buy DD a doll for xmas from Amazon. Got a beautiful Corolle one which Im very chuffed with. So that cheered me up for about 5 minutes and then the 'fog' descended again sad. I must try and snap out of it....its really not fair on DC's, especially DS.

Think I'll do some jigsaws etc with DS for an hour before lunch and then crack on with some tidying etc.

RubyRioja Mon 06-Oct-08 11:05:23

Yippee found £300 worth of interest at bank. Worth the humilation factor!

Laura - I would say deffo fix your evenign routine before going further. Then build on other stuff.

cafebistro Mon 06-Oct-08 11:11:56

Laura I dont think there's any right and wrong way to do flying and I think everyone probably has their own way of structuring it all. i didnt finish babysteps blush. I was too impatient! I started with a morning, afternoon and before bed routine. Once I'd got my head around those I added to them with the zones and missions. I havent started doing the detailed cleaning of the zones because I havent decluttered them properly. Im still pretty new to this so maybe one of the others can give you more ideas and tips!

tigger32 Mon 06-Oct-08 11:22:54

Wow ruby thats great news! grin

tort glad the little ones are on the mend, fingers crossed you won't get it! Good luck with party organising, I pleased to say thats me done with that until next September!

cafe sorry you are feeling down, its horrible when you get stuck in that vicious circle with mood and housework! Hope things start to look up soon smile and hugs for you

laura I finished babysteps about 2 weeks ago and once I was happy with am and pm routines I started an afterschool routine, I also started the mission about halfway through babysteps, I'm just feeling now as though I could do a deep room clean, well done for keeping at it though smile

mad a selection of presents I received
Love links bracelet and 2 links
watch
bottle of pink champagne
selection of belgium chocs from delli in town
thorntons champagne truffles
Radley coin purse
radley bag
red leather weekend bag
some books
wine
lovely necklace and bangle from accessorize
Next voucher
cash
oh and my weekend to London to see dirty dancing, London eye, Harrods etc.
So as you can see I am very spoilt lucky wink grin

Jas Mon 06-Oct-08 11:49:53

shockgrinRuby - What a nice surprise!

cafe - I know your dp feels otherwise, but I really think you may benefit from at least going to see your gp. Sometimes you just can't "snap out of it" on your ownsad

Laura - Agree with Ruby. Get your evening stuff sorted before you add to it. Cafe is also right - deep cleaning can't really be done until the clutter is removed, so that might need more work., too.
I never got my afternoon routine to the point where it was automaticblush Morning and evening keep things ticking over, and hopefully I will do babysteps again and get my afternoon under control.

I've been to town and paid last months council taxblush and put dd2s birthday money in her account out of temptations way.

My house is a disaster area.

I need to do

30 min kitchen resue
look for missing tool for dp
tidy sitting room
hoover
bathroom
wheelie bin clean
tonights tea.

tigger32 Mon 06-Oct-08 12:09:39

Have managed to get a bit done
cafe I agree with jas a visit to the doctor can't hurt!

To do
do puzzels with ds2 -done but will do some more
pay bills - done
home blessing -started
mission
Write thank yous -done ready for posting
ironing
prepare for meeting tonight
write shopping list
order cds for dsd for xmas - got prices

scattyspice Mon 06-Oct-08 12:20:33

Morning/aft (what time is it?)

laura I'm gonna do my baby steps again as I can't fit the missions in and the routines keep slipping blush.

To do:
House bleugh
check whether DS friend coming on Wed
wash bedding
plan whats happening this week (swimming, library, DS friend, extra shopping etc).

RubyRioja Mon 06-Oct-08 12:24:41

Just popped into Woollies and they are selling good sized boxes of Roses for £2. Have bought a few as I thought good for teachers/TAs etc. As my lot are in four classes, there are loads to buy!

TheMadHouse Mon 06-Oct-08 12:45:37

Afternoon all

DS1 deposited at Pre school
DS2 napping

Zone clean list for anyone who wants it (this takes me all week)

Empty Fridge and Clean inside
Clean Cobwebs
Clean Microwave in and out
Clean Cooker in and out
Straighten drawers
Wash windows
Clean outside of cabinets
Clean under sink
Clear and clean kitchen table
Empty and wash kitchen bin
polish canisters and other stainless steel
Hoover and mop floor
Sort Utility area
Clean work surfaces
Clean the outside of the fridge, freezer and dishwasher
Wash seals and filter on Tumble Dryer
Wash seals on Washing machine and inside the door
Wash washing machine powder drawer
Clean blinds
Wipe skirting boards
Wash down back door
Clean kitchen table and seats
Wash outside of cat litter tray
Change deodoriser in fridge
Change deodoriser in dishwasher
Run dishwasher with a cleaner in
change water filter in kettle

I am going to see how much I can get done today, as I have a busy week this week.

I am going to do the babysteps again too

laurasmiles Mon 06-Oct-08 12:56:41

Tigger, Ruby, Cafe, Scatty, Jas - Thank you for your advice and words of encouragement - it really helps smile. I think I will take your advice and go over the Babysteps to cement the evening routine and start and afternoon routine, adding either a mission now and again or a weekly home blessing - can't decide hmm.
Jas I defnitiely have more clutter to clear!!! shock blush Still, I can do anything for 15 mintues wink
Tigger - ooh your birthday presents sound gorgeous, congratulations :-)

Jas Mon 06-Oct-08 13:20:43

30 min kitchen rescue done
look for missing tool for dp tried *and failed
tidy sitting room
hoover
bathroom
wheelie bin clean done
tonights tea. ?

TheMadHouse Mon 06-Oct-08 14:10:42

OK - I am back with a cuppa

Empty Fridge and Clean inside - Done
Clean Cobwebs - Done
Clean Microwave in and out - Done
Clean Cooker in and out - Doing
Straighten drawers
Wash windows - Done
Clean outside of cabinets - Done
Clean under sink - Done
Clear and clean kitchen table - Done
Empty and wash kitchen bin
polish canisters and other stainless steel
Hoover and mop floor - Done
Sort Utility area - Done
Clean work surfaces Done
Clean the outside of the fridge, freezer and dishwasher - Done
Wash seals and filter on Tumble Dryer
Wash seals on Washing machine and inside the door- Donw
Wash washing machine powder drawer
Clean blinds
Wipe skirting boards - Done
Wash down back door - Done
Clean kitchen table and seats
Wash outside of cat litter tray - Done
Change deodoriser in fridge
Change deodoriser in dishwasher - Done
Run dishwasher with a cleaner in - Doing
change water filter in kettle - Soaking to change

Now breath

Also have mince and onion in the slow cooker

RubyRioja Mon 06-Oct-08 14:33:02

Bracing myself to go in and speak to dd's teacher. yay!

I sometimes wonder if we scare them as much as they scare us.sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now