Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please someone help me decide what to put up at my living room window

(5 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Sat 04-Oct-08 11:15:05

I'm decorating my living room at the mo and really struggling to decide what blind to have up at the window.

The room is quite big, with a flat window, 3 panes wide.

I am having curtains up too, but as these will only be drawn of an evening I also need something at the window all of the time because I live in a nosey culdesac. I hate nets so they are a no.

I was going to go for a wooden venetian blind, but i'm having second thoughts because a) I can't decide what colour i'd need, and b) I get quite alot of condensation on that window and I don't want it to ruin the blind.

Have looked at wood effect venetian blinds, but again not sure which colour.

The room will have chocolate brown feature paper on one wall and then a creamy colour on other 3 walls. Chocolate coloured sofas and a neutral carpet.

HELP

IllegallyBrunette Sat 04-Oct-08 11:15:51

Oh, also meant to add that it definatly cannot cost anymore than £50, and preferably less.

IllegallyBrunette Sat 04-Oct-08 11:17:03

Oh and, the window is not a standard blind size, so it needs to be something that can be trimmed width wise too.

Ivegotaheadache Sat 04-Oct-08 15:11:34

I have wooden venetian blinds (the horizontal ones) adn they are a nightmare. They were here when we moved in and although I would love to change them they are not high on the priority list atm!

They have warped (as they do over time) so from the outside when they are closed at night the light shines through in places and vlooks awful.

Also the dust that collecyts on them! I have to hoover them with the brush attachment all the time.

So, I'm not a fan! I'd like the vertical blinds (everyone has them here), you'd think they'd look 'officey' but they don't. You can get them made to measure but they're also sold in argos quite cheaply. Just buy the header rail and the blind and you can trim the length and then adjust the width to fit.

IllegallyBrunette Sun 05-Oct-08 10:00:22

Thanks Ivegotaheadache, i think that the wooden ones are definatly not an option then.

I wasn't overly keen on the vertical ones tbh as I did think that they looked officy, but have just had another look and noticed that Argos do some linen look ones which seem quite nice so I might go for those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now