Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DH going to teach me how to keep a clean house........[angry]

(16 Posts)
blossomsmine Tue 30-Sep-08 13:49:15

Well, i am MADangry had the day off today and planned to do loads round here. Unfortunately dh had to have the day off too, i got up this morning and he was still heresad Then he decided to wash the dogs in the bath..........what a mess and a smell........ridiculous i thought! So then i go up the shop to get cillit bang and loads of stuff to take the smell away, meantime thinking about all the jobs I wanted to get done. When i get back he says i waste all my time and he could give me some hints on how to keep the house clean as i am obviously abit 'slack' in that area!!!! WELL!!! Bloody Cheek!!!! To say i was cross was an understatement!!!! He is picking out all the jobs i need to do but never get the chance, you know, the jobs you always mean to get round to......
Thought i would just vent some anger on here.........i have now persuaded him to prepare a casserole for dinner (wonders will never cease, he usually avoids cooking like the plague!) Whilst i am cleaning up the crap he leaves behind him like some slavehmm
He's just coming over........so i'm off.

coppertop Tue 30-Sep-08 13:51:05

I would tell him that the best way to teach is to give you a practical demonstration. Hand him the cleaning stuff and sit back.

AbbeyA Tue 30-Sep-08 13:58:14

I would take coppertops approach, except that I would invent a reason for going out and leave him to it! Tell him you will just view the results when you get back.

EffiePerine Tue 30-Sep-08 14:04:07

take him up on the offer very enthusiastically: 'WHAT a good diea? Why don't you start doing X/Y/Z so I have time to do the routine stuff? What do you need?'

then wander off

HuwEdwards Tue 30-Sep-08 14:09:00

I would like to think that I would take Coppertop's reasoned calm approach.

In reality I would take all the cleaning stuff you have; cillit bang, bleach, bog cleaner and your hoover and tell him to shove them up his arse.

georgiemum Tue 30-Sep-08 14:12:21

Let him show you... then as you didn't get it the first time, let him show you again... and as you are just a silly girl, he'll need to show you again... Then you tell him that he is obviously far better at this than you so it's now HIS job!!

It's a boy thing - they always think they know cleaning better than you (even if they have only ever observed it being done).

hambo Tue 30-Sep-08 14:16:31

I'm with Huw!!

Tell him to stuff it all up his bum and storm off for a coffee somewhere, with a book.

Or maybe tell him that he is right, and that it is about time you got a cleaner! wink

blossomsmine Tue 30-Sep-08 14:18:59

lol! just what i expected from fellow mners!
Well, he has had a call from a friend and gone off to play squash.....thank god for that......He has left me in charge of his half cooked beef casserole.............can't believe i am to be trusted with thatshock Hope he gets in the way of a slow (but fast) flying squash ball......

georgiemum Tue 30-Sep-08 15:11:26

And you let him go - 'where do you think you're going with that sink full of dirty dishes and the tea only half cooked???'

Burn his tea or cook a squash ball into it to see how he likes that!

citronella Tue 30-Sep-08 15:28:47

Or put some of the dog's bath mess in his tea!

Tortington Tue 30-Sep-08 15:30:26

tell him to fuck off and get uckin fucker the fucker

seriously

tell him

blossomsmine Tue 30-Sep-08 19:19:33

Custardo.....I didsmile

sparkybabe Wed 01-Oct-08 09:51:28

blossom - what's a slow but fast squash ball? Against the laws of physix...

blossomsmine Wed 01-Oct-08 14:01:35

lol sparkybabe!!! I meant low but fast, so it got him right in the sensitive bits!!!

Silly sod is back at work today.......apart from popping into work for a couple of hours earlier myself, i have done absolutely zilch.....

traceyinrosso Wed 01-Oct-08 14:10:38

Know just how you feel ! My husband moans at kids telling them they are lazy and I shouldn't have to pick up after them and then I am picking up his grotty socks and sweaty cycling gear off the floor - lucky for those with time for a hobby ! He his always moaning about the mess (3kids,dog,cat and rabbit in small 3 bed house)and says other people manage it so why can't I ! Chin up - you are not alone!

blossomsmine Wed 01-Oct-08 19:39:57

smile traceyinrosso.....i always say that too, about wanting to have time for a bloomin hobby!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now