Talk

Advanced search

I have until 10.30am on Friday morning to get the house sorted........

(18 Posts)
FAQ Tue 30-Sep-08 12:55:54

as the Estate Agent is coming round to do a valuation - obviously none of the planned DIY/repair/decorating stuff will be done - but I need to at least get it looking tidy (and all areas accessible)

I have a LOT to do - and 16 month old trying to undo it all......

Would anyone care to join me for a few days of serious blitzing/sorting/tidying??

This afternoon (after DS3 has had his milk - and if he'll play happily with DS2....) I intend to

Get upstairs and sort all the stuff in the entrance to DS1's bedroom/landing and upstairs toilet (which is more of a storage area than a toilet atm blush)

I've got a lot of stuff there I want/need to sell - so I'm going to bring it downstairs ready to start getting onto ebay etc in the evenings (after I've purged it all of rubbish and put the other stuff that we're keeping away)

I also need to

Get my washing dried
Do another load
Make my bed
Go to the shop
Pick DS1 up from school
Cook dinner
Shower

PoorOldEnid Tue 30-Sep-08 12:57:10

ooh no dont do ebay this week

clean in the evenings

put all your ebay stuff in a big plastic box and put it away somewhere until after the valuation

FAQ Tue 30-Sep-08 13:01:11

unfortunately most of the cleaning/sorting to be done is upstairs - which I can't sort in the evenings as I'd wake the boys.

I'm not sure I have a big plastic box big enough - one of those containers that you get on the cargo ships may be more appropriate grin

egypt Tue 30-Sep-08 13:23:45

yes deffo leave the ebaying until after the valuation. like enid says get a load of boxes (!) and put all the out of place stuff in it that needs sorting........shove them under your bed until the valuation is over then sort as you can be bothered in the evenings!

PoorOldEnid Tue 30-Sep-08 13:32:45

or take it round to a mates house

LucyJones Tue 30-Sep-08 13:34:06

leave the laptop round a mates house grin

FAQ Tue 30-Sep-08 13:36:38

ok I've done a bit of housework downstairs - about to take a few bins bags upstairs and see if I can at least clear the landing at the top of the stairs before DS3 wants me back down here.......

noddyholder Tue 30-Sep-08 13:43:47

oh i wish you lived near me its my specialioty and I love doing it blush

FAQ Tue 30-Sep-08 13:57:44

xxxxxxxxxxx.

nhffffffffffffffffffffffffffff bbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbb2.0..v ~~~~~~0.81.044444444444444445123+-
.7b8ik
.................................0 nnn1bbbbb fffffffffff

FAQ Tue 30-Sep-08 14:03:51

arghhh - see this is why I don't like to go upstairs and do stuff - DS3 has been at the computer blush

FAQ Tue 30-Sep-08 14:22:15

well sod that - he won't let me go again - so I'm going to have to potter around down here instead of getting on upstairs - I did quite a bit in just 15 minutes too hmm

egypt Wed 01-Oct-08 07:13:03

pmsl

Columbo Thu 02-Oct-08 09:52:06

FAQ how are you getting on? I too now have deadline of having to clean/sort house by tomorrow (Friday lunch time). Was about to post a similar thread then saw yours.

Could somebody give me a boot up the ass please, I couldn't sleep last night and I'm sitting at the kitchen table with a vat mug of coffee and mumsnetting while there are piles of toys, laundry, papers, books in every room of the house. Also got 18 month DS in nursery this morning so no excuse whatsoever not to crack on...

FAQ Thu 02-Oct-08 11:41:26

well downstairs is nearly done - I still have to tackle upstairs, going to take everything out of the DS's room today that needs tidying/sorting/boxing and put it in my bedroom then tonight I'll spent the evening up there sorting it all

FAQ Fri 03-Oct-08 10:08:51

oh dear.....I have 25 minutes - DS1 and DS2/3's rooms are clean and tidy and organised, the lounge/diner isn't too bad (5 minutes and I'll have it whipped into shape again), the kitchen isn't brilliant, but again a couple of minutes should getting looking ok enough, bathroom (upstairs and down) are ok......but

My bedroom - is FULL of boxes and bags of rubbish - bugger - there's no way it's all going to be sorted/tidied/organised before she comes.

She'll be able to get in and see the size of the room, and there won't be any photos taken today (will there??) so does it matter if my bedroom is obviously the "centre" of the sorting out in the house?????

Fimbo Fri 03-Oct-08 10:11:19

Just tell her not to photo the bedroom. Good luck!

FAQ Fri 03-Oct-08 10:13:45

lol - I'm pretty sure she won't be taking any photos today - she's coming to do a valuation - and usually the photos are taken once the paperwork is filled in........isn't it??

Fingers x'ed that she gives a figure (realistic of course lol) of what we paid for it......

I've decided that she'll just have to use her imagination for the bits that aren't sorted/cleaned yet lol (although I hope by the end of the weekend (as I'm child free for most of it) that it will be better).

Unfortunately DS3 hasn't really helped me grin

FAQ Fri 03-Oct-08 10:43:32

well she's been (she came 15 minutes early !!!!) - figures are what we wanted to hear.....she reckons it's gone back to 2005 levels - which is what we paid for it - so going to put it on for 5k above that figure then people can offer under and (presuming it sells) we'll be ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now