Talk

Advanced search

Cheap vacuum cleaner (topic done to death already, I know)

(5 Posts)
LittleFairySmile Tue 23-Sep-08 22:30:24

Mine has just died and I can’t afford £100 for Henry or ‘cheap’ Miele, so which is best of the rest?

Electrolux
Hoover
Morphy Richards
Vax
Any other brands ??

I wont do another Proline, mine did two years, and I’m probably lucky with that, but it had really poor suction.

I know (by reading other MN threads) that the Which! reviews put Miele miles in front of the rest and I know you get what you pay for, but their budget model is still twice the price of the cheaper brands and I know it saves you in the long run, but here and now we have £x and no vac. Please help!

bubbles4 Wed 24-Sep-08 07:26:36

I,ve just bought a Vax mach3 and its great,hoovers up everything in its path and has a turbo tool for pet hair and it comes with a 6 year garantee.Tesco has it on offer for about £75 at the moment,if you google it you can read the reviews.

Twixabix Wed 24-Sep-08 08:32:41

Have you had a look on ebay. There are some shops on there that do graded electrical products. It might be that they have been returned due to a small scratch or similar. I bought a vax cylinder cleaner last week that had an rrp of £120 for £26 delivered, bargain. It is also worth trying the goofbay site and using their auction sniper which puts a bid in at the last few seconds to help you win the item.

Yeni Thu 25-Sep-08 12:27:27

I would not recommend the Hoover Dust Manager range. Not very sucky and not very well designed or built.

LittleFairySmile Fri 26-Sep-08 20:57:20

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now