Talk

Advanced search

Buying a spare food mixer bowl - has anyone done it?

(6 Posts)
ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Mon 22-Sep-08 16:14:07

Mine has just fallen off the draining board and is irreparable. I have found a spares stockist on line and can get one for £19.95 plus postage. DH said to get a new one but that is going to be about £70 as I use it a lot and want a decent one. (I bought the cheapest blender ever and in this case you do get what you pay for.) Money is in short supply, as for a lot of people, but I don't want to spend £20+ on something that doesn't fit right as it is false economy. My mixer is 7 years old. WWYD?

norksinmywaistband Mon 22-Sep-08 16:18:04

If you are spending £20 to repair the "cheapest blender ever"
, then IMO it is false economy.
I have a good blender/mixer and spent £9 replacing a part recently.
Just think you will use it a lot and Unfortunately after 7 years a cheap blender may soon give up and die anyway.

Treat yourselfsmile

AMumInScotland Mon 22-Sep-08 16:18:07

Can you check with the spares stockist whether it will fit? They should know if the design has changed since you got yours.

Or look on ebay for a secondhand one the same age/design as yours - it might be only a tenner to get a whole "new" secondhand one, and you could just use the bowl.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Mon 22-Sep-08 16:18:53

No, the blender is a different product!

The bowl is for my decent food mixer.

norksinmywaistband Mon 22-Sep-08 16:20:37

Sorry miss read, Buy the bowl, would they refund if it was the wrong part?

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Mon 22-Sep-08 16:24:05

It all seems fine as the names match, I just don't want the hassle if it is wrong. DH is looking when he gets home so I might get a new one afterall. I said it can be my main Xmas present! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now