Talk

Advanced search

Does chewing gum wash out of clothes?

(7 Posts)
Buckets Sun 21-Sep-08 15:08:37

Judging by the fact I didn't sit down in the 5mins I was out of the car, it seems some bstard poked his/her chewing gum through my car windowangry. Anyway, carseat and favourite skirt are now covered in sticky stuff.
Can anyone help please?

islandofsodor Sun 21-Sep-08 15:12:08

No, it doesn't wash off. You are supposed to put the clothes in the freezer, then scrape it off when it has gone hard.

pgwithnumber3 Sun 21-Sep-08 15:12:49

No,no, no do NOT put it in the washing machine, put your skirt in the freezer and then it will freeze the gum and you should be able to peel it off.

littlelapin Sun 21-Sep-08 15:14:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pgwithnumber3 Sun 21-Sep-08 15:16:39

Wouldn't you just love to catch the prick and spit a load of your chewing gum out in his face. Ohh revenge, I LOVE it. grin

OooWowOooArr Sun 21-Sep-08 15:17:20

I hate chewing gum. What a pain for you. Got some on shoes and carpet and had to trim it off.GRR

Buckets Sun 21-Sep-08 15:24:13

Thanks. It is a disgusting habit, so horrible having a conversation with someone and seeing it bob about in their mouth.
I also think Mumsnet should get with all the premier league footballers' mums and start an anti-gobbing campaign. It is footballers who make boys think it is ok to spit everywhere and they never grow out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now