Talk

Advanced search

please help, docking great scratch on my fridge!!! i'm nearly in tears

(15 Posts)
jesuswhatnext Fri 19-Sep-08 16:24:29

i have got a huge big scratch on my pink smeg, it looks bloody awful and i could cry, i don't know how it got there but its right down to the metal - does anyone know if i can get touch up paint? and if so, where from??? TIA

Overmydeadbody Fri 19-Sep-08 16:28:49

Cover your fridge in magnets and children's artwork. Then no one will see.

It doesn't matter really does it? Life is too short.

deepinlaundry Fri 19-Sep-08 16:28:55

try smeg customer services- i bet they can sort it out. You won't be the first

jesuswhatnext Fri 19-Sep-08 16:36:01

overmydead... dd is 16 now, i don't really want her art on the fridge anymore grin

thanks deep.. i will give them a try.

Overmydeadbody Fri 19-Sep-08 16:38:28

lol ok!

How about painting some nailpolish that matches the colour over it? (if customer servies don't help that is!)

jesuswhatnext Fri 19-Sep-08 16:51:14

hows this for service, have had e-mail back from smeg customer service already! bad news is that they don't have any paint sad

what the hell can i do now?

traceybath Fri 19-Sep-08 16:55:12

How about some t-cut that blends scratches on cars

CaptainKarvol Fri 19-Sep-08 17:04:49

there are companies out there that re-paint metal. DH has sent bike frames off to be re-painted before, huge range of colours available. No idea if they'd do something as complicated as a fridge door, and obv you'd need another fridge while your door was away, but may be worth a google of Shot blasting / repainting etc if it's really important to you. Or Smeg may replace the door (at a price?)

GBR Fri 19-Sep-08 17:26:36

Try Halfords for car spray paint in the right shade - you can mask off most of the fridge and overspray the scratch to blend in again, after t-cutting it a bit, probably.

jesuswhatnext Fri 19-Sep-08 18:30:07

thanks everyone, how about this! i got another e-mail from manufacturer redirecting me to british customer service website and they are sending me a pot of touch up paint smile for free!!!!

all it took was 2hrs and 2 e-mails - i'm impressed (and relieved)

i wish stoves were as quick with a replacement knob (oh er missus) for my cooker.

deepinlaundry Fri 19-Sep-08 19:23:45

good- i have been ridiculously bothered about this

traceybath Fri 19-Sep-08 19:51:48

oh i am glad - think i may contact them as the light in my fridge is playing up - doesn't switch off when you close the door.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 19-Sep-08 19:52:49

If you've closed the door, tracey, how do you know the light hasn't gone off?!

jalopy Fri 19-Sep-08 20:39:45

grin

traceybath Fri 19-Sep-08 21:50:58

because the food next to it was heating up and staying hot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now