Talk

Advanced search

rub my back and tell me to take deep breathes ...... my mother in law is coming for the day on Sunday

(5 Posts)
Debris Fri 19-Sep-08 12:44:15

She will be up the stairs and snooping around like a heat seeking missile in slingbacks. To make matters so much worse, ive had such a busy week, and dd1 was home from school for 3 days unwell, and I am so behind with everything. She makes comments and it really gets to me, or even worse silently starts sorting out a drawer, or cleaning fingerprints off a door , and it makes me feel awful. Last time she came she offered to put dd1 to bed, after absolutely AGES I went up , and poor dd was in bed, but mil had the light full on noisily tutting and folding everything in her knickers/vests/pyjamas drawer. When she saw me standing there she said ' in my day we had a pair on , a pair in the drawer, and a pair in the wash ! This is a ridiculous amount of underwear !' The thing is , her house isnt perfect, but I was never be so rude as to make comments. Sorry, but just had to rant.

Debris Fri 19-Sep-08 12:56:04

Do I mean breaths ? It looks wrong, mind you so does that, you know when you look at a word for too long... ?

murphyslaw Fri 19-Sep-08 12:57:06

O.M.G. you poor thing sad my mil is a cleaner! so I know the feeling.

Large glass of wine with lunch will sort things out!

Good luck

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 19-Sep-08 12:59:29

I've got the exact same feeling of dread, my mum and my aunt coming to stay on Sunday. They will want to take the dC to nursery monday morning too and will want to get them dressed in outfits they choose so all drawers must be perfectly organised.
Gah.

halogen Sun 21-Sep-08 21:17:17

My mother's coming on Tuesday and I totally haven't got the energy to tidy up. She's a nightmare (despite having a cleaner herself and not having ironed anything since about 1960).

Hope your MIL was bearable today, Debris.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now