Talk

Advanced search

my bedrooms really embarrassing

(5 Posts)
blossomsmine Thu 18-Sep-08 22:02:40

I posted a message about this a while back, can't seem to find it. Anyway, i got some really nice messages back, which really spurred me on, i was waiting for people to say i was disgusting etc., but felt so bad about my room i just needed to put it down here on mnblush
Well.........i have made abit of a start, i can't say it is finished, but i have done so much more than i usually would, as it depresses me so much i never used to know where to start. I started with clearing all the ironing as suggested, then went through wardrobes, not ideal but i put stuff we don't use all year round in boxes on top of the wardrobe, not pretty but makes it easier to now put stuff away rather than pile it in corners.
I have sorted paper work out that i have to keep in my room and shredded loads of stuff, sorted the airing cupboard out (in room) and gone through the drawers.
There is still alot to do but i don't have much time and i feel better already, this start really makes me want to keep going, thanks to everyone for being encouragingsmile

Shitemum Thu 18-Sep-08 22:05:12

have you got before and after pics? grin

JackieNo Thu 18-Sep-08 22:06:19

Ooh - well done you. How satisfying to start getting it sorted. Ours could do with a bit of an overhaul, it has to be said.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 18-Sep-08 22:08:25

I'm doing the entire house and it feels so good to be getting rid of stuff. It feels so cathartic.

BTW I would have audited the ironing first to see if anything could have been taken to the charity shop bypassing the ironing board.

Make sure for the next few weeks, you fill your recycling bin with the shredded paper!

blossomsmine Thu 18-Sep-08 22:47:54

Thanks for replying smile I didn't think about doing before and after pics, shame, although i am not quite at the after stage yet!!
I agree, wmmc, i am quite enjoying it now, although i need to make abit of time this weekend to carry on with it, as don't want it to slip back before i actually get it finished!!
Would love to get on with the rest of the house once this is done, but the bedroom was always my BIG problem....blush
Oh yes, shredded paper going out in the recycling on Sunday...........well, thats the plan......(i WILL remember....)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now