Talk

Advanced search

I want to hurt the person that invented flat packed furniture!!!

(3 Posts)
Pawslikepaddington Thu 18-Sep-08 17:23:07

I have just spent an inordinate amount of money on a storage unit which is stupid flat packed. It is huge, has three instructions - these are 1) there are screws, 2) there are flat pieces, 3)put it together and it will look like this-no in between steps at all. Done it wrong and taken it apart at least 6 times. It now wobbles, is all split and broken, looks dreadful (to the point where I do not want it in my house as it looks so bad) and STILL it won't go together! I WANT TO THROW IT AND MYSELF OUT OF THE WINDOW!!!!!!!!!! angry

deeeja Thu 18-Sep-08 22:47:07

oh no! What is it? Where did you get it? Not because I am an expert or anything, I would like to avoidd it myself. Or maybe someone here knows how.

Pawslikepaddington Fri 19-Sep-08 08:11:50

Great Little Trading Company-I would have expected more from them tbh! As long as there are decent instructions I'm ok, but to just show a picture of the finished product is silly. It is their "merchants chest", and still have a bookcase to build, but that will stay in the box for a while now I think grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now