Talk

Advanced search

Wednesday - Mid-Week Fluttering

(49 Posts)
RubyRioja Wed 17-Sep-08 07:12:42

Hi ladies, am diving in now as no idea when will be back again today.

BIL still ill. Investigative work today.
Mad, hope your mum gets some help today.
EV hope things in rl improve at your end - thanks for course info, will look when I get a sec.

All a bit nuts here.

Thanks for your thoughts
sorry abt lack aof links

Shannaratiger Wed 17-Sep-08 07:20:52

Mission

babysteps

Shannaratiger Wed 17-Sep-08 07:34:53

Morning all

RR thanks for starting the thread. Wishing BIL all the best.

Today have to nearly empty the savings account, (there goes our new car).It was the head gasket that went on the car costing £900 to repair. shock sad

Have allready be on the PC to long today.
Done:
Me up, dressed and breakfasted.
DD up and almost finished breakfast.
DS still snoring, but he did wake up at 4am for a bottle and cuddle.

To do
Turn off PC.
Speak to DD's teacher about helping her at lunch time. She's struggling with choosing what she has for lunch and is ending up not eating anything. sad
Town for bank and buy a DVD recorder cleaning kit. Got a DVD repair kit yesterday instead. angry
Clean window and sill in the bathroom. Maybe clean bathroom and kitchen floor.

Will come back later with what else I get done.

Hope everyone has a good morning and gets some flying done.

BBL

ludaloo Wed 17-Sep-08 07:52:33

Morning smile

Hope BIL improves Ruby

Oooooh noooo shannar Cars are a friggin PITA aren't they!!

I'm hopefully going to have a day at home today [fingers crossed emote]
I have been running about like a loon for what feels like weeks and the house is suffering.
I had a look around last night and clutter is just everywhere!
DH is the main culprit I have to say with all his mountains of Lego. He has just bought some ridiculous amount of Star Wars lego (52 boxes of!) from Ebay.... the contents of which are all over the place! And the boxes....and the big box it all arrived in!! It also doesn't look like he is going to move any of it any time soon either.
My Avon boxes aren't helping either but at least they will be gone as soon as I can go and deliver them all.

Well better go and get the kids dressed smile

BiancaCastafiore Wed 17-Sep-08 07:52:33

Morning

Thanks for the thread Ruby Hope everything calms down for you soon x
Shanna thanks for the links Your day sounds busy! Hope the meeting at school goes well.

I have ds off school again - he has been coughing all night and woke up with diahorea Dd woke up and came into our room bent double saying her tummy aches and she feels sick - she's back tucked up in bed

I'll be spending the day making ds's cowboy costume and mopping up various disgusting body fluids I think

ludaloo Wed 17-Sep-08 07:53:09

shock grin

BiancaCastafiore Wed 17-Sep-08 07:53:36

x-posts, hi Luda

Dd has just been sick (thankfully dh is still here so he's dealing with it I struggle with sick tbh )

ludaloo Wed 17-Sep-08 07:54:25

(wasn't grinning at your awful nights events there Bianca....just that we posted at the same time!)

Awwww I hope they are both ok xx

ludaloo Wed 17-Sep-08 07:57:27

Bleurgh, I'm not keen on mopping sick up either.
I remember my dad would be sick if I was because he hates mopping sick up so much!

hmm nice!

Sickness and diahorrea is going around here too ATM....luckily we have escaped so far.
[touching wood as I speak!]

BiancaCastafiore Wed 17-Sep-08 07:59:56

shockgrin I hadn't noticed that! It's the weird force we have again!

tigger32 Wed 17-Sep-08 08:19:40

Morning Ruby thanks for thread and I hope they can sort your BIL out today

shannar thanks for links your day sounds busy, hope you and teacher can help DD with lunch, bless her.

Bianca poor you and Lo's hope they are better soon and that the costume making goes well.

Luda morning hope you have a good day and the same to everyone else

We were up on time this morning and I've done morning routine

Got big list for today though

Ds1 to school
go to Asda
off to doctors
DS2 swimming
Parcel back
Hoover through
wrap ds2 birthday presents
make cake
put up balloons etc
make a few phone calls
more ironing sad

Off to school now so BBL

Bewilderbeast Wed 17-Sep-08 08:37:25

morning all

am at home again, feel worse today. Ds is with me too as he's given the bug to my mother - we are in the dog house

nothing done so far except that both of us are dressed and ds is eating breakfast and I have sent an email to work.

I am starting to feel very stressed, have been in tears several times this morning, this is not a good sign. I have too much to do and not only 3-4 days to do it in and it was enough work for more than 2 weeks anyway. I've missed deadlines this week and management are going to be going spare. sad

TheMadHouse Wed 17-Sep-08 08:40:05

Morning all

Ruby Hope that BIL is OK and you get a diagnosis today
Bianca I am crap with sick. Hope they sleep and you can get the outfit done. Yehaa cowboy
Luda Hope you manage to attack the clutter
Shanna My major sympathies with the car - know how you feel
Tigger we are swimming too this morning

Well busy day for me to

Swimming
Preschool
DS1 first dance class
Mum at hospital

on top of all the normal stuff grin

Just sorting breakfast so will be back later

cafebistro Wed 17-Sep-08 09:07:08

Morning everyone smile
So disorganised this morning..not even dressed yet.

done

Loaded D/w
W/m on
DD and DS dressed and fed
Emptied bin in bathroom
Emptied bin in kitchen

*To DO*

Get dressed shock
Go to the shop and post office
Look at mission
Plus all usual routine things

Everyone have a top day grin

Bewilderbeast Wed 17-Sep-08 09:32:59

Ruby hope BIL is doing better today and that you get some answers

tmh and other christmas shoppers Marks and Spencers is 3 for 2 on all cards and wrapping paper with free delivery on all orders

TheMadHouse Wed 17-Sep-08 09:48:05

I have spoke to mum and she is still out of it on painkillers, but at least managed some sleep. I also sorted out that her BF would go to the hospital with her, as I cant.

I have also got Homestart coming to speak with me on Friday am. I have asked if I am eliglble for any help. I figure that I am going to be looking after my mum, as well as the boys and then me after my surgery.

At least I am trying to do something positive about it grin

BiancaCastafiore Wed 17-Sep-08 09:53:18

Just had a text from EHM grin She's passed her driving theory test this morning grin
Well done EHM grin

Bewilderbeast Wed 17-Sep-08 09:58:23

Well done EHM

lucysmam Wed 17-Sep-08 10:01:09

good morning ladies*

*Ruby
hope BIL improves smile
Shannar gutter for you that you have to empty your savings account!
luda pmsl@ 52 boxes of lego. You're lucky aren't you having all that to play with wink grin
Bewilder hope you pick up soon, sounds like that bug has really knocked it out of you sad
Mad hope Homestart can offer you some support

<waves> to anyone I've missed!!

We've got 2 kiddies again, both playing quietly for now and oh is definately working ALL day today so won't be back to get them wound up like loons.

Had quite a busy one already,

td is finishing off washing
brekky, pots and dressed
cake in oven
s&s bathroom
s&s kicthen
neighbour has been round to offer us her xmas decs as since her husband died last year, all she is putting up is her tree. So that's saved us a fortune.

She's also given me a roll of wallpaper though which she thinks will cover my back hall or bathroom (It's horrid!!!) I don't know what to do with it now, so it's sat on the kitchen surface until I think of what to actually do with it!

My one big job for today is declutter shite pile aka paperwork pile again as it's still sat where it was yesterday & has had loads added to it since then hmm

Anyways, off to check my cake, bbl xx

Jas Wed 17-Sep-08 10:01:51

smile Well done EHM*

*TMH
you must be eliGABLE FOPR HELP, I THOUGHT THE ONLY CRITERIA WAS HAVINGA CHILD UNDER 5?
(Oops sorry about caps)

Biancaand everyone else dealing with poorliessad.

Ruby I hope you are ok, and things improve for your BIL.

luda - Is your dh really a lego fan? Does he play with it?grin

Bewilder Please try and rest today. If you aren't fit, you can't work, and stressing about it will only make you feel worsesadTake care.

<Big waves> everyone else. I've done nothing except get the dds to school. I'm attempting to make bread and butter pudding with out of date eggs...they smell ok, and I need to take something to my friends for lunch later, so wish me luck.

I'm going to tidy up downstairs and get this troom ready to paint today hopefully.

Jas Wed 17-Sep-08 10:03:47

X posts LM Tell your neighbour the wallpaper was too small/ hideous (depending on just how good friends you are with hergrin) and unroll it and let the kids paint on it/draw round themselves and colour in etc.

minorbird Wed 17-Sep-08 10:21:33

morning everyone

Me and DD still suffering from cold. I kept her off this morning, so shes currently got the livingroom floor covered with brats and their loose feet and many bits! (They send me nuts!)

Don't feel like doing much right now but will get around to washing up, hoovering, lunch, dinner and mission at some point. I hope!

lucysmam Wed 17-Sep-08 11:19:17

Jas I was debating letting them loose with it. Just feel a tiny bit guilty but it's better than it going to waste. lmao@how good friends we are . . . she's about 90!! And a very nosey neighbour

I've made shepherd's pie for mine and oh's tea tonight with some bargain reduced meat I got at co-op yesterday for 40p & am debating wandering to park with kids if weather stops looking like it's going to pee it down.

bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 17-Sep-08 11:50:14

morning all
just popping in - will read thread in a bit -
not got alot done - have to motor on for now - friends popped in for tea after school drop off and as much as it was lovely it now means I have to squeeze other things into the day.. (GOD I SOUND LIKE A GRUMPY COW!!)

TheMadHouse Wed 17-Sep-08 11:58:47

COngratualtions EHM

Back from swimming - sorting lunch - leftover casarole

washer on

Will be back after DS1 at preschool

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now