Talk

Advanced search

having trouble with BT landline

(5 Posts)
vio Tue 16-Sep-08 19:01:23

dont knwo whether or not this is the right place to post this. I have been having troubles with my BT landline ( with DH working away this week i have no idea how to fix this). I can dial outgoing call fine but when people call me, I pick up the phone and instead of hearing the other end saying hello, it just keeps ringing, i mean, all i can hear is the ring tone from the other end ( I have tried calling my own landliine with my mobile). Does anyone know whats wrong or can you telll me what to do next? Need to fix this problem asap!! Thanks v.much in advance

onepieceoflollipop Tue 16-Sep-08 21:42:05

I would suggest ringing BT or e-mail them if that is easier than ringing them.

Btw I would post something like this in "Geeky Stuff" normally - btw I am responding to your first sentence when you wonder if this is the right topic, not being bossy!

lucysmam Tue 16-Sep-08 21:57:16

we had this with BT broadband phone, oh looked it up using their 'Ask Anna' thing, or whoever she is (their troubleshooting thingumy jiggy) & fixed it using that

Still get it from time to time though & even BT can't help. I'd ring n give um hell personally since they charge a small fortune & you need to be in touch wuth your DH but can't be if phone doesn't work

onepieceoflollipop Tue 16-Sep-08 22:02:27

lucysmam we have the opposite with our broadband phone. (but I think it may be the op's "normal landline - she/he didn't specify)

We dial out on ours and then get the unobtainable signal. We have to "reconfigure" it on line. NO idea why, it happens every few months.

vio Tue 16-Sep-08 22:27:59

Thanks ladies will post in 'Geeky Stuff'. I cannot even make outgoing calls now, just want to get it fix asap as i am over 31wks pregnant and DH works away during the week, just dont want to cause any panic when MIL phones and cannot reach me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now