Talk

Advanced search

How long does it really take you to keep your house clean and tidy?

(6 Posts)
Ernestina Tue 16-Sep-08 12:50:26

I need help. My ds is nearly 8 months now and my house is still in chaos. Feel like I don't really have an excuse for living in a pit any more but just can't seem to get on top of everything sad

How many hours a day do you spend cleaning/tidying/decluttering to stay on top of things?

NotDoingTheHousework Tue 16-Sep-08 12:52:35

Message withdrawn

LongDroopyBoobyLady Tue 16-Sep-08 12:54:15

Mine takes me about 30 mins a day - picking up after everyone, washing down kitchen worktops, ironing etc... and then I do a thorough clean each week which is a good 4 hours. I don't have a whole 4 hour chunk to do it in so split it up into 2 x 2 hours.

Ernestina Tue 16-Sep-08 14:22:41

Thanks NDTH - you're right - I do need a big push to get it back under control.

LDBL - 30mins a day sounds do-able grin

onepieceoflollipop Tue 16-Sep-08 14:25:42

I was thinking about this earlier. My theory is that if you find housework a real struggle, and hate most jobs then it will take ages. (I don't love it, but most days I feel motivated to get on and do it). Like any other tasks that we are not looking forward to, it can be hard to actually get on and do it.

I would say on average 1-2 hours a day.

Ernestina if you don't mind me asking do you have a dp/dh? If so then he or she should also be doing their share.

kittywise Tue 16-Sep-08 14:26:05

Mine is like that bridge that never gets painted. I could work at it all day and it wouldn't be finished (sigh)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now