Talk

Advanced search

Biological washing powder - ???

(16 Posts)
wastingmyeducation Mon 15-Sep-08 13:31:49

I would like recommendations for a good, effective biological washing powder, please. I've never used it, but have decided on info I've recently heard that it isn't evil and fancy giving it a go.

xx

expatinscotland Mon 15-Sep-08 13:33:02

i like the Lidl stuff, Formil. Smells great, works a treat and is inexpensive.

MadameCastafiore Mon 15-Sep-08 13:34:31

I have recently changed to save money to Waitrose own brand and it is fab - I use the sensitive non bio stuff on DSs clothes and it has cleared his skin right up after years of using fairy thinking that would help - but the biological works on DDs and DHs stuff to get grimy marks out and smells lovely.

themoon66 Mon 15-Sep-08 14:06:07

I buy whatever is on offer. I do think ariel cleans best though.

wastingmyeducation Mon 15-Sep-08 16:15:00

Don't have a Lidl or a Waitrose. sad

xx

herbietea Mon 15-Sep-08 16:17:00

Message withdrawn

Seeline Mon 15-Sep-08 16:18:23

Ariel is pretty good

zippitippitoes Mon 15-Sep-08 16:18:34

tesco own brand

nannyL Mon 15-Sep-08 16:37:15

which recommends ariel

i think they are all pretty much as good as each other

nannyL Mon 15-Sep-08 16:38:55

dont forget almost all bio powdes contain opticlay brightners AKA bleach which will kee your whites white smile AND fad your colours sad

ecover bio powder does not contain optical brightners and wont fade your colours (and wont bleach whites white either)

purpleflower Mon 15-Sep-08 16:40:02

Tescos Value is surprisingly good.

expatinscotland Mon 15-Sep-08 16:40:30

if i won the Lotto i'd use Ariel non-bio.

louii Mon 15-Sep-08 16:43:33

I use Non Bio but i have absolutely no idea why, whats the difference between that and bio?

GrimmaTheNome Mon 15-Sep-08 16:44:22

I like the ariel tablets as they aren't messy and go in the drawer (some other brands disintegrate or have to go in stupid bag which doesn't allow for prewash).

The simple solution to nannyLs complaint at bleaches is to get two boxes, one of the 'regular' type for your whites and another of the 'color' sort for your coloureds. They cost the same.

Don't forget to also keep some non-bio for wool or leather (yes I wash leather - DD's trainers!)

GrimmaTheNome Mon 15-Sep-08 16:46:04

The difference between bio and non-bio is that the former contain enzymes which digest protein (and fatty?) stains. Thus they get clothes cleaner, even at low temperatures. But should not be used on protein fibres ie wool!

deste Mon 15-Sep-08 21:10:29

I have tried to get rid of mascara (Non waterproof) from a facecloth. My new machine with Daz and a higher temp still wont remove it. I am willing to try anything so am keen to follow this thread. OK I know I can throw cloth away but if it is not removing that what else is not removing. I never had this problem in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now