Talk

Advanced search

BANANARAMA does anyone know how to get banana stains out of baby clothes and bibs?

(8 Posts)

As above, pretty pretty please.

What? Nobody?

<sob>

MadBadandDangerousToKnow Mon 15-Sep-08 15:30:07

I always failed, when dd was a baby, to get banana stains out of anything. I was therefore heartbroken last week when I managed to squish a banana over her new t-shirt before she'd even worn it. I washed it once and the stain was still there, but I then gave it a very good rub with Lidl's cheaper version of a Vanish bar, washed it again and the stain disappeared completely.

Good luck!

cyanarasamba Mon 15-Sep-08 15:30:21

I don't think you can if it's not wiped off straight away - sorry!

lucysmam Mon 15-Sep-08 16:03:38

I use co-op's green household soap on my lo's stuff, gets most stains out. Only 89p ish for 2 bars as well so quite a bargain

Oh I have green household soap, hadn't thought of that, I will give it a go then maybe get some vanish......

MissusAD Mon 15-Sep-08 18:40:17

I have tried and tried, but nothing has worked. I just pick it off fast now, in the hope there is no smear.

MrsBadger Mon 15-Sep-08 18:59:12

sunlight is worth a bash - leave on windowsill for a week (one sunny day will do but in this weather...)

works a treat on tomatoey stains like beans or pasta sauce even when all else has failed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now