Talk

Advanced search

okay its time to stop arsing about on facebook and do something. any one want to join me in my tidying efforts?

(8 Posts)
SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 15-Sep-08 11:41:02

my friend has decided to come home from uni without giving me any notice <i know how inconsiderate of him> and im meeting him later on, there is every chance we will be coming back here and its a tip <not that im known for my great housekeeping skills but still> so i need a big clean and quickly.

jobs to be done;

tidy living room floor
clear off sofa
put in load of washing
hoover
wash up dinner pots from last night <god im a slattern>
clean toilet

and many more to come but thats what im starting with. if you wish join the suggested motivational music is queen or meatloaf or anyother soft rock music and coffee time is 1pm.

i will check back after every half an hour or so to procastinate see how we are all getting on grin

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 15-Sep-08 12:09:55

so its just me then?

so far i have the washing in. have done part of the washing up and the pans are soaking. dd2's dinner is in the oven.

am having a quick coffee and then doing the pans. the kitchen floor now also needs sweeping as i have just spilled cheerios everywhere.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 15-Sep-08 13:20:52

stull just me then? never mind ill post anyway. it motivates me to see it wrote down.

have done all the washing and dd2's dinner. am going to clear off couch now. dont have much time left but as i said im not known for my great housekeeping skills. my friend would probably think i had been taken over by a pod person if he walked into a spotless house. at least we will have clean cups and somewhere to sit lol.

undercovercat Mon 15-Sep-08 13:22:44

I am going to get in the bath now, but when I get out I need to sort out all of downstairs....so be back in half an hour

undercovercat Mon 15-Sep-08 13:24:40

No im not, the waters cold. Will have to tidy first.
So far I have mowed back and front garden and loaded dishwasher and put a load on.
Now the rest....

undercovercat Mon 15-Sep-08 13:49:45

I have tidied, and wiped and am done. I will have clean plates when they dishwashers done lol

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 15-Sep-08 13:57:50

lol! i had that this morning. i have now cleared the couch and am going to take the ironing upstairs and then will hoover living room.

oh and ill put some toilet bleach in the loo while im upstairs.

you work quick. i spend far too long procrastinating. probably why im not known for great house keeping skills then!

undercovercat Mon 15-Sep-08 17:29:29

no no no no, i had a HUGE clear up about 3 weeks ago, and i havent let it completely slip yet.
usually i cant see floors or sides and live in chaos, for the first time ever ive got it under control...but its so DULL doing it, but nice not to come back into HELL!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now