Talk

Advanced search

ironing.................................do you..........

(26 Posts)
psychomum5 Sun 14-Sep-08 13:48:30

............do it as it comes off the line/airer/from the tumbler

save it up for a week and then do while watching a new DVD

never do it at all as life is too short/you pay someone to do it.

am bored, and about to tackle a mound of ironing with a buffy DVD, so thought I would find out what you lot all did.

ta muchly

psychomum5 Sun 14-Sep-08 13:49:25

apologies.................was that bored and also keen to know I clicked twiceblush

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sun 14-Sep-08 13:49:50

Pay someone.

DorrisMcWhirter Sun 14-Sep-08 13:50:52

I never do it (well not quite!) but can't afford to pay anyone either, therefore I just have an ironing room, it's touching the ceiling as I type..... grin

psychomum5 Sun 14-Sep-08 13:51:04

envy

oh for the ironing fairy.......((or the luxury of being able to pay))

zippitippitoes Sun 14-Sep-08 13:51:32

never creases disappear once you wear something

i dont look rumpled

Cappuccino Sun 14-Sep-08 13:52:08

save it up for a week and do while watching tv; I record Smallville because I like the pretty men and it doesn't take any concentration

PictureThis Sun 14-Sep-08 13:52:48

hate it with a passion. vow to do it as it dries but never get round to it, hence my ironing pile is the size of a small country!! Seriously thinking of paying someone to do it.

Feature Sun 14-Sep-08 13:58:04

Ewww do some on a Sunday (ready for school/work)... do little bit a Monday and then my mum generally takes over... blush

Cappuccino Sun 14-Sep-08 13:59:44

I don't iron a lot tbh, I'm not obsessive

and actually I don't mind it as a job

you get to watch TV

I say to dh oh look I am ironing, you should get some of the jobs done too

so I stand there watching the pretty men and he is cleaning a floor somewhere

know what I'd rather do thanks

TrinityRhino Sun 14-Sep-08 14:02:07

I dont iron

AnAngelWithin Sun 14-Sep-08 14:03:04

i dont iron. i buy things that wash and dry eaily without leaving creases. i will iron a shirt if the boys have got to go somewhere, party etc. I don't care. People always comment on how smart my children look so I am guessing it doesnt show that I don't iron!!

bran Sun 14-Sep-08 14:03:50

I tend not to buy things for myself that need ironing. DH either does his own shirts or gets the cleaner to do them.

I don't think I've ironed anything since January when I did some iron-on name tags for ds's clothes.

muggglewump Sun 14-Sep-08 14:07:27

Once a week, there's only two of us so not that much even though I iron everything I wash, and I do mean everything including underwear, tea towels, dusters and bedding.
The odd thing gets done as it needs like my work shirt, or DD's uniform if it needs it in between the weekly iron.

Cappuccino Sun 14-Sep-08 14:08:08

"underwear, tea towels, dusters and bedding"

what on earth for?

bumbling Sun 14-Sep-08 14:09:33

I don't iron, ever, and DH has to for work shirts. I get him to do one or two things on top a day for the rest of us. Girl power!

psychomum5 Sun 14-Sep-08 14:10:11

capp, you are like me.....

my ironing is more an excuse to watch DVD's/pretty men.

<<spike............swoon>>

RupertTheBear Sun 14-Sep-08 14:10:26

I do it twice a week - Sundays and Thursdays. I do it in front of the telly and don't mind it that much really. There are loads of house jobs I hate more. I leave my ironing pile on the back of the sofa and then I get so sick of looking at it I don't end up putting it off.

Cappuccino Sun 14-Sep-08 14:10:49

funnily enough I am at the point in Smallville where I am watching James Marsters again

it's not the same tho sad

muggglewump Sun 14-Sep-08 14:11:33

Because I like ironing Cappucino, I find it relaxing.

psychomum5 Sun 14-Sep-08 14:11:46

I do draw the line at just ironing outer clothing, and that only if it does crease (which mine tends to as I pile it up waiting to sort rather than put away as it comes off the line.

<<ponders if actually ahnging straight up would negate the need for ironinghmm>>

nah, like my pretty men watching too much

castille Sun 14-Sep-08 14:13:14

Must do some, it is taking over the office at the moment and no one has anything to wear next week.

Will do some tonight in front of telly.

psychomum5 Sun 14-Sep-08 14:13:42

capp, I founf that with david boreanaz too.

bones just does not do it for me in the same way angel did<<sigh>>

<<must get back to ironing>>

Cappuccino Sun 14-Sep-08 14:14:53

oh yes agree re Bones

also it was shite

BexieID Sun 14-Sep-08 14:15:11

Save it up for a week and watch anything i've recorded during the week, whilst i'm ironing!

I need to catch up on Smallville/Prison Break/Alias/Stargate big time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now