Talk

Advanced search

limescale in toilet

(15 Posts)
Nanou1 Sat 13-Sep-08 22:18:08

hello. can you help? i despair of ever getting the upstairs toilet clean.... there is limescale and i cant get rid of it. it is above the water level and i am not keen on using a pumice. is there a paste recipe out there with bicarbonate of soda and lemon? or anything else that would work! thank you for your help on this grin

CarGirl Sat 13-Sep-08 22:23:38

I used the harpic in a black bottle stuff, used it everytime I cleaned the the loo and after a few months it was all gone, whereas previously it was slowly getting worse!

Nanou1 Sat 13-Sep-08 22:29:03

yep.... it is getting worse all the time. great stuff ; will see if i can get it here. i live in switzerland so i am not sure they do it. thanks cargirl grin

southeastastra Sat 13-Sep-08 22:30:10

get a paper cup and take out all the water, get a small amount of limescale remover on a sponger then scrub it away

themoon66 Sat 13-Sep-08 22:31:44

another vote here for harpic in the black bottle

I live in Lincolnshire... hardest limescaly water in the world.

Nanou1 Sat 13-Sep-08 22:48:51

hi again. is it thick though to "stick" to the limescale stain? because the stain is due to the water running out of the cistern tank into the toilet.

BabyStarlettsBeautiful Sat 13-Sep-08 22:52:06

black bottle!

Yes tis thick!

kittywise Sat 13-Sep-08 22:53:45

I have just got the bottle of harpic and a friend recommended that I blitz it with the harpic tablets too

ScummyMummy Sat 13-Sep-08 22:54:46

the strong harpics (blue or black bottles) are amazing, I agree. Probably hideously environmentally unfriendly but they really do work.

bumbling Sun 14-Sep-08 11:39:29

Thoroughly recomend black harpic. I bought in France two weeks ago. Think it was called something different but it was the black bottle that gave it away. Cleared a loo that had been limescaled for 20 years! Hooray. Go now. Quick!

MoChan Sun 14-Sep-08 11:43:55

Another vote for black Harpic. Although the Tesco limescale toilet cleaner is pretty good too. But's that's not any help if you're nowhere near Tesco.

belgo Sun 14-Sep-08 11:48:05

For those of you interested in the more environmental option, not to mention the more economical option, white vinegar works very well on limescale.

CarGirl Sun 14-Sep-08 18:05:28

belgo I tried everything else Harpic was my last resort. I know use eco friendly to try and keep on top of it.

npg1 Sun 14-Sep-08 21:42:00

I just started a thread on this topic! Completely forgot about the black harpic, it worked wonders last time, best i rush off to tesco tomorrow and get some!! <excited at prospect of clean loo tomorrow!>

Nanou1 Mon 15-Sep-08 18:32:54

got some grin grin
shall report on progress tomorrow!
thanks from switzerland

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now