Talk

Advanced search

Carpet Cleaners

(9 Posts)
geminigirl Sat 13-Sep-08 21:22:07

I've just experienced what it's like when your 10 month old is sick and is vomiting all over a wool carpet...it is stinking!!!

I've scrubbed it with hot water and disinfectant, carpet shampoo, odour neutralising fabric spray and powder carpet freshener...(hope I've disgiused the brands sufficiently...don't want to get done for defamation!) and all to no avail!

I have been thinking about buying an electric carpet shampooer (Vax) but I don't know if they are any good. Can anyone recommend one or at least some way to get rid of the smell of puke off my carpet?

Thanks.

HeinzSight Sat 13-Sep-08 21:23:23

Rug Doctor. You can hire for the day, tis fab fab fab, worth doing all the carpets in teh house too.

Heated Sat 13-Sep-08 21:28:06

I've got a bissell which is £££. It worked superbly for the first 4 washes, did a much better than any contract cleaners but then not so well the last few goes, to the point it's been for repair. But it has a long-lasting guarantee, they picked it up the same day I called it in and returned it that week.

In hindsight though, factoring in the exorbitant cost of the cleaning fluid, I'd hire one from a DIY shop, like Focus or B&Q.

In the meantime scrub carpet with hot soapy water and spray with febreze.

Heated Sat 13-Sep-08 21:29:04

Sorry, I see you've done this!

bythepowerofgreyskull Sat 13-Sep-08 21:31:19

bissell proheatII

brilliant has so far got
lily pollen, poo, red wine, apple juice and cat sick off the carpet.

definately worth it for an emergency keep at home thing.

we do however have the carpets cleaned once a year by a lovely chap with a professional machine.

geminigirl Sat 13-Sep-08 21:40:48

Thanks, at least I've learned a valuable lesson on what floor coverings to choose for our new house! (Concrete it is then!)

bythepowerofgreyskull Sat 13-Sep-08 21:42:20

would add that if you go to the bissell site there is a section where they sell reconditioned (as new with 3 year guarentee) cleaners we got ours for £99.00

Heated Sat 13-Sep-08 21:46:24

At least carpet softens the falls! Friend has marble floors and has been to A&E and the dentist with her dcs.

geminigirl Sun 14-Sep-08 20:27:57

Thats a good idea greyskull, I'll have to check that out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now