Talk

Advanced search

Steam Generator Iron

(6 Posts)
deste Fri 12-Sep-08 21:45:13

Does anyone have one of these. We got one today but cant get any steam out of it. When I press the steam button I get this loud constant clicking noise like a toy machine gun. Tell me its not working because I could not iron for half an hour with that racket going on, in fact 2 minutes to be honest. If anyone has one does it make ironing easier. Another thought, if I have to take it back to Argos and they dont have it in stock can I insist they refund the postage as I ordered it off the Internet. That was to save me going shopping, ha ha.

RipMacWinkle Fri 12-Sep-08 21:52:03

Maybe a silly question - did you let it heat up? Mine takes a wee bit of time to get hot enough to go. Maybe about ten minutes... I go and make a cuppa and gather the ironing while it's doing it so I know it's not just a minute or two.

deste Fri 12-Sep-08 22:00:13

It started to heat up and then stopped but I dont think I left it that long. It did heat up again but I gave up and switched it off. I will go and switch it on again. Does yours make a loud noise and does it make ironing easier. Thanks

deste Fri 12-Sep-08 22:27:07

I have tried it again and left it longer but still not much heat, no steam and still that terrible racket.

SqueakyPop Fri 12-Sep-08 22:28:30

You need to prime it - ie let it fill up. You do get that clicking/pumping sound at the beginning, and after cleaning.

Just hold the steam button until it produces.

deste Sat 13-Sep-08 18:30:18

Took it back to the shop today and they tested it and said its not working. I bought a more expensive one and that gives out steam and water so that everything is soaked. Even with the steam switched off it still drips water. I give up, I have ordered an ordinary iron off the internet and will take that one back on Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now