Talk

Advanced search

how do you clean bath toys?

(13 Posts)
MyDingaling Fri 12-Sep-08 16:18:25

All bath toys go into a net after each bath to dry out but some of them have horrible black bits on them.
Is there a quick and easy way to clean them?

giraffescantdancethetango Fri 12-Sep-08 16:47:41

sounds like mould, in which case id bin.

but not sure how to clean them other than in a large bowl of hot water and bleach

maidamess Fri 12-Sep-08 16:48:06

yes bin the mouldy ones.

lucysmam Fri 12-Sep-08 17:36:03

I threw mine in the washer yesterday on a 40C wash with 6 sterilising tablets yesterday & a scoop of biological wash powder. Came out good as new, don't bin them!!!

southeastastra Fri 12-Sep-08 17:37:04

yes cut the hole at the bottom slightly bigger then stick yer finger in it to clean it out

MyDingaling Sun 14-Sep-08 13:41:54

Will try that lucysmam, thanks.

PavlovtheCat Sun 14-Sep-08 13:42:37

washing machine/dishwasher.

Cappuccino Sun 14-Sep-08 13:50:03

I had a blitz on mine a while ago because of the black bits issue

now what I do with them is, as they get left in teh bath most of the time, I take them out once a week while I clean the bath, and leave them in the washbasin in a solution of disinfectant

the squeezie ones I make sure are full of the solution for the time I am bathcleaning

then I give them a bit of a swizz about and stick them back in the bath

jellyforbrains Sun 14-Sep-08 13:53:28

I soak mine every now and then in a bucket of milton solution. Some of the 'squirty' type get mouldy inside and so I throw those (don't like throwing toys but they get rally horrible). I also try and make sure that I have emptied them out of water before I put them in the net.

Lucysmam - do you put them in a net before putting them in the washer?

lucysmam Sun 14-Sep-08 14:07:17

I've got one of those little net bags that's meant for socks or bra's that I popped them in but don't think it makes that much difference whether you do or not tbh. Had another thought as well, something was said on another thread earlier about using a dishwasher to sterilise dishcloths, don't know whether they do or not, but you could try them in there if you have one.

TsarChasm Sun 14-Sep-08 14:16:01

I have used the dishwasher before now, but after years of festering bath toys I chucked 'em all out one day. Dc moaaned once or twice then never mentioned them again.

Oh the freedom from that horrible box of toys in the bathroom is wonderful!

They play with a couple of jugs, the odd old shampoo bottle and that's it now.

CantSleepWontSleep Sun 14-Sep-08 14:16:06

Soak in milton.

Anna8888 Sun 14-Sep-08 14:24:17

Dishwasher

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now