Talk

Advanced search

best remedy for 3-day-old vomit stain/smell on armchair

(7 Posts)
Tutter Fri 12-Sep-08 10:21:37

ds2 threw up horribly at bedtime 3 nights ago. i was more concerned about cleaning him and me up than i was in giving the chair a really good clean. since then have been accidentally-on-purpose forgetting it

it honks

what's the best way to attack it - buy something appropriate (i bet they make upholstery cleaning products?) or chuck bicarb or similar on?

Tutter Fri 12-Sep-08 10:33:30

come on you pukemeisters

SoupDragon Fri 12-Sep-08 10:34:53

Bicarb will deal with the smell (try it somewhere inconsicuous in case the wetnes sand scrubbingn takes the colour out along with the smell.) Or Vanish upholstery stuff.

SoupDragon Fri 12-Sep-08 10:35:25

But you really are brave coming here and saying you've left a vomit stain on your arm chair for 3 days, you slovenly wench.

SoupDragon Fri 12-Sep-08 10:35:57

<<hurriedly turns over cushion with week old playdough mark on it>>

Tutter Fri 12-Sep-08 10:36:10

i know

i am a slattern

but it is a chair i am hoping to rid the tutterhole of

Mimsy2000 Fri 12-Sep-08 10:38:45

my sympathies - my ds was a very pukey baby and i know how hideous it can be. i take it all your linens are now soiled and you have the biggest pile of laundry in the world?

re: the puke stain and smell i have always taken a washing up sponge, bucket of warm water and lots of fairy liquid and just scrubbed it out. this will work for the outside of the chair but not sure what to say about the cushions - has it soaked through? if so, you'll need to take it all apart and then scrub the hell out of it. after scrubbing help it to dry with a blowdryer or dehumidifier; any trace dampness makes for hideous stench.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now