Talk

Advanced search

goverment ,free windows for homeowners ! !

(6 Posts)
rdk Thu 11-Sep-08 11:01:47

does anyone know anything about the goverment give away of free double glazed windows for homeowners. i cant see it being true, just wanted to find out before i pay to get mine done. i have email the local council but not got anything back. thanks in advance

zippitippitoes Thu 11-Sep-08 11:08:25

what is that then? sounds unlikely to say the least

rdk Thu 11-Sep-08 11:18:24

a lady who lives near my mother in laws work said a friend of hers had hers done completely free as she was on tax credits and was on low income.all u do is contact the council and it will progress from there but as i said ive emailed them and not heard anything back. surely there must be more people out there thats had them done if it true.

rdk Thu 11-Sep-08 11:19:51

some sort of goverment grant things she said

zippitippitoes Thu 11-Sep-08 11:20:46

sounds unlikely to me if she is a homeowner

Twixabix Thu 11-Sep-08 11:21:09

my mil has just had her house fully double glazed (including doors), roof re-insulted and her chimney re-pointed all for free through the council. I think if you contact them theycome out and do a survey type thing on your house and then tell you what you can have done. Her house is private so not council rented or anything. I think they do get some wtc though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now