Talk

Advanced search

Breadmaker JOYS!

(7 Posts)
Seasider Wed 10-Sep-08 17:41:48

After a great deal of umming and saving, have bought the slightly cheaper Panasonic model and love it. Have made three loaves of rapid white, a lovely seeded gluten free and a loaf/cake of gingerbread.

just wanted to share...

gscrym Wed 10-Sep-08 17:45:53

Which one did you get? I get a pay rise this month and may splurge.

Seasider Wed 10-Sep-08 18:06:30

Panasonic Bread Maker, SD254 to be precise. It was 79.99 in John Lewis, the one that was £20 more the lovely lady in John Lewis said was virtually the same except it automatically let in raisins, rather than bleeped...

It really does make far more tasty and cheaper bread than shop stuff.

Good Housekeeping reckon it pays for itself in about 7 months if you make three loaves a week and it's faster if would have bought organic or gluten shop bread, IYSWIM...

Am planning to bake tmr when kids are at school

blithedance Wed 10-Sep-08 20:31:02

Welcome to the wonderful world of breadmaking grin

chipmunkswhereareyou Wed 10-Sep-08 21:21:27

Can I have an idiot's guide to how breadmakers work? What ingredients do you typically need? Do you literally shove it all in and leave it to it?

Seasider Thu 11-Sep-08 09:31:08

Thank you blithe!

Yeast, water, flour sugar salt, maybe eggs. If wheat bread yeast at bottom and other dry ingredients followed by water etc. Then you just turn it on and it gluggs and chuggs and makes a loaf.

Kammy Thu 11-Sep-08 11:18:01

I've got the panasonic SD254 too and I love it! Making a 5 seed loaf as we speak. Only problem is that we all seem to eat far more bread....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now